Thread: Does Microsoft Security Essentials scan incoming and outgoing email in programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express and Incredicmail

Does Microsoft Security Essentials scan incoming and outgoing email in programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express and Incredicmail

I am using Microsoft Securty Essentials only as the security tool in my system. I had not opted for any other service rather than this. I just don't want to make my system slower by adding softwares and applications in the system. I want to know that does Microsoft Security Essentials can possibly scan incoming and outgoing mails from the various email programs like Microsoft Oulook, outlook or incredicmail. I want to use ClamWin Antivirus in that place how is it.

Re: Does Microsoft Security Essentials scan incoming and outgoing email in programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express and Incredicmail

Not really Microsoft Security Essentials does not works there. I am not sure but Ihad never seen it working on email programs. On the other hand ClamWin Antivirus works on the engine of ClamAV based virus scanner with automatic signature update and integration in Windows Explorer and Outlook, as a portable version available. It is a good choice for antivirus program.

Re: Does Microsoft Security Essentials scan incoming and outgoing email in programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express and Incredicmail

I think it might not work on email scanning due to the limitations. It just scan the system for virus nifection. I am also sing ClamWin antivirus. It is a virus scanner for Windows operating systems and the best thing about this is that it is a free software. Virus definitions are updated automatically, integrates the scanner in the context menu of the Explorer and Microsoft Outlook.

Microsoft Essential is quiet a basic antivirus program from Microsoft. It does not gives you a full security for mail scanning with a good firewall protection. While on the other hand ClaimWin is full free antivirus will all support. The virus scan will start only on the instructions, a monitoring system in the background on-access scanner does not exist. A scheduler can start the search at regular intervals.

ClamWin Antivirus is a small virus that focuses entirely on finding viruses on your computer. And all this for optimal control and minimal resource consumption. While on the other hand Microsoft Security Essentail is designe to detect and remov spyware, adware, trojan, etc from your system on scanning. It will pop up a warning for virus as you sacn your system or any threat enter. It does nothing while downloading mails.

Yes you can go for ClamWin antivirus that will be a better option for you. The virus enter easily in your system via mail and Microsoft Security Essential will no give you a better support on that. The operation in Clamwin is straightforward and offers some configuration options for e-mails and proxies. to be the case of infection to determine whether the infected file, only reported, deleted or moved to the quarantine.

I am using CalimWin and this antivirus is more than enough for your system protection. The control system works completely using only three buttons. You can modify these settings to scan your file folder and see if updates are available for the virus database. It's that easy! For Microsoft Windows Explorer a control over the context menu is integrated, and can use the included software in the Microsoft Outlook Add-infected file attachments are automatically deleted.