Thread: Internet Explorer disabled by trojan:win32/fakespypro

Internet Explorer disabled by trojan:win32/fakespypro

I have just done a scan with Microsoft Security Essentials last day and apparently it got detected a trojan, so I clicked on clean computer. After that some time later I popped up with continous warning that there is a trojan virus in my system. I had scanned back and a trojan is detected. I scanned my system back but this virus is still in the system. I was downloading a video clip when the virus entered the system. Now it has also blocked Internet Explorer. It is not working at all for online scan.

Re: Internet Explorer disabled by trojan:win32/fakespypro

First disable your old antivirus protection in your system. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Connect all removable media that you own before this scan. Double click the downloaded file to start the installation process. Click on the Update button and search for update. If the firewall requesting permission to connect to MBAM accepts. Then restart in safe mode and scan the system.

The virus has entered your system and you might need to get help from any other different antivirus program. If malware has been detected, click on show results in malwarebyte. Select all there and click to remove selected items fi any. Malwarebytes will destroy the files and registry keys and put a copy in quarantine. You can keep the track of report generated by malwarebyte for future reference.

Usually if the antivirus failes to find the virus then it is better to find the trace of the file. For that download random's system information tool (RSIT) and save it on the desktop. Then double-click to launch RSIT.exe. It will scan and generate a text report like Hijackthis. You can view thefile properly and there you will get all the list of file and services running in the background. Delete the suspicous file.

I had faced a similar virus and I run the scan in safe mode. So, I restarted the computer in Safe Mode, and scanned my system with Windows Defender. This time it has been detected the virus and deleted it. But I think that Windows Defender has not remove the files that should lie in the system. I also worry that by System Restore the virus can enter back in my system.

For such virus Malwarebytes is the best solution. But before that Download and Rkill of the desktop and then double click that to launch it. A window appear indicating that everything went smoothly. If you are using Windows Vista then right click on the downloaded file rkill then choose Run as Administrator to launch the tool. Then once done let is scan your system and use Malwarebytes later on.

It is a trojan virus and for that you might need to get a good antivirus solution. I am using Norton and before sometime I was using a free edition of antivirus which was not so strong to remove virus. But it act as a good firewall. Now after getting number of threats I downloaded Norton which has cleaned my system and now I had not found much more detections in my system.