Thread: How to remove Virtool:win32/obfuscator.et

How to remove Virtool:win32/obfuscator.et

In Microsoft Security Essential I found a antivirus which does not shows any removal instructions. It has detected Virtool:win32/obfuscator.et. What is this virus and how to remove this completely. Ony every scan this virus is detected and does not shows any indication of removal. I am not able to figure from where does this entered in my system. What the best way to fix this.

Re: How to remove Virtool:win32/obfuscator.et

If you can trace the location of the virus then it is possible that you can manuall delete it. For that I will recommend you to download DDS sUBs on the desktop. There is no need to install this tool and youcan run it just by double clicking on it. You can on the screen see a black DOS window that will help you to scan your system. At the end it will generate a report and in that try to check the virus instances in that.

Download ComboFix which is a much better tool for the same. But before that you must temporarily disable your antivirus program or else it will block the working of this tool. You must also provide access the tool from the firewall if any is activated. Double-click ComboFix.exe and accept the EULA that appears on the screen. Run it and let it scan your system. At the end it will give you a report.

I am getting a similar virus threat and the same is disabling my firewall in Windows Live One Care. I had downloaded Microsoft Security Essentail back again from the Microsoft site. After scanning the system the application hasspotted an infection that could not eradicate. The result is the following: Virtools: Win32/CeeInject.gen! C: system volume information \ _restore (ccdf6b0b-2ba3-a33f-4dfd-58182fe2d4f0) \ rp403 \ a0255798.exe (Wextract) \ fukker.exe. These files are infected and the tools says it cannot fix them.

In my case I had did System Restore but nothing worked there. Now I had downloaded Avast and I will scan the system with it. But the concern is that I had just paid the subscription with Windows Live One Care. So I worry that whether this antivirus would not spoil out my othe protection and restoration of the same then becomes a bit tough. After restoration of my system, the firewall still does not work.

The virus first corrupts the system restore so that you cannot get your settings back. The restore files are located in C: \ System Volume Information \ _restore. You must first disable system restore and delete the viruses from there. Trojans are located in the Windows System Restore so just disable it. Then boost in safe mode and run the full system thorough scan so that it must be eliminated at once only.

I am using Norton and I had switched to this recently due to frequent virus infection. Before that I was doing a virus scan with F-Secure and one with ad-aware, and I deleted the files which I found. I have not managed to do the online scan of bitdefender. Right now the virus is removed and the system is bit safe. It is recommended that you must not rely on single antivirus for security.