Thread: Huawei [White Modem] Connection Problems [Error 623]

Huawei [White Modem] Connection Problems [Error 623]

Has someone got this annoying error before? My sister is running with more than one user profiles in windows Vista. On Saturday , I used my profile to open a website [bookmyshow] and finished the installation of Yahoo messenger.

The another day, my sister profile on the same system started occurring an 'Error 623' dialog box when she was trying to get connect. I can go for the connection easily with my own profile without any problem. I don't think that the Yahoo installation can prevent the connection .Someone have any suggestion regarding this ?

Re: Huawei [White Modem] Connection Problems [Error 623]

I am working with Windows XP with SP2 upgrade and work with the Outlook Express for email and Firefox for visiting on the website . There is no issues up till currently except a minor printer one fixed earlier. Now, whenever I try to browse a page I receive the message as "Error 623 System could not find the phone book entry for connection" . It is suddenly come and I have no idea what I have changed that is causing this issue ? Where should I move to resolve the causes for this message?

You need to take a look at this. Error Message: "Error 623 The System Could Not Find the Phone Book Entry for this Connection" When creating a VPN Connection in this case.

To work around with such type of issue :

1. Click on the Start menu and point to Settings, and then after click on the Network and Dial-up Connections.
    2. Just make a right-click on the Virtual Private Connection and then after choose Properties.
    3. Choose "Dial another connection first" check box, and then go for the absolute Dial-up connection from the drop-down list shown on the box. If you are not getting any Dial-up connection to select from in the suggested destination then you may have to make a Dial-up connection and then go for the same steps again.

There is one thing here that I need to ask to you is that the first thing is that you have/work with the Virtual Private Network or need one?You need to also go for the firewall configuration and check your firewall settings (third party that is) and turn off VPN connection and if it is activated , you may be running with the security related problems . I take this you work with an ADSL router rather than a dialup connection.

Thanks

Hi Supercop,
    Sorry, I have indicated that I have implemented a router in the connection and also running with the Zone Alarm firewall . There is nothing has been changed when I resolved a printer related connection a couple of days before and system was working well after that until this afternoon.

By the way, When I move to the Control Panel/Network Connections, I figured out that the Jetstream and Dialup status disconnected while Local Area Connection seems as connected via "ViaPCI10/100MB Fast Ethernet..

Do you have a LAN connection? I don't have any idea about such type of connection with the Windows XP but, my connection is managed completely by the modem/router. I am just thinking that a LAN connection would be occuring such type of issues , I suspect that it is just indicating that you are connected by your ethernet card/onboard LAN chip .

Have you enabled the VPN on your router? (Just find this from the browsing to the router). If you haven't turn this off, it is for remote users to access your system or the network connection , if you are running with single , I would also consider that SP2 has configured something.

I am running with a Huawei K3765 USB stick firmware version specified as 11.126.03.09.00, it is going very fine on my windows 7 laptop, but My desktop computer installed with the windows XP media center service pack 3. The modem plugs to the 3g network but when I move to open up the internet explorer or some other browser installed , I get said that I don't have net working connection even though I am running properly with th connection . Does someone here have any type of suggestions.