Thread: Error code: 0x80508023 Microsoft Security Essentials Couldn't Scan Your Computer

Error code: 0x80508023 Microsoft Security Essentials Couldn't Scan Your Computer

I am using Windows 7. I had no antivirus program installed on my system except Microsoft Security Essentials. It came with the operating system. It looks like a antivirus by Microsoft but I am not sure that this might be so strong. Because when I am scanning I am getting a error in this. The error is 0x80508023 Microsoft Security Essentials couldn't scan your computer. Should I switch to anyother good antivirus program or this can be fixed.

Re: Error code: 0x80508023 Microsoft Security Essentials Couldn't Scan Your Computer

This might be some installation error in your system. You will need to run system restore to fix that. Or else you can simply download Microsoft Security Essential from internet and use the same. It is a free antivirus from Microsoft and it is enough powerful to deal with viruses, spyware, rootkits, Trojans,etc. It is good in comparision to any other antivirus program you want to choose.

Re: Error code: 0x80508023 Microsoft Security Essentials Couldn't Scan Your Computer

Microsoft Security Essentials has a clean interface and well defined while offering the essential features of a good antivirus which makes its easy for any user. It gives you the opportunity to determine its frequency scan and type of action on your system. It might be not working due to some error in your system. You will need to re-install the entire tool back again.

There is no exact cause of this error. For that run the tool and then click on Settings which you can find in the menu on the left side. Then click on Excluded Files and Locations where you will have to click on Add button. Add the drive or file which is causing you this error. Then once you had finished with adding the same reb0ot your system and then scan back again your removable media.

Microsoft Security Essential is a easy to use tool and the error is related to the drive which you are tyring to scan. After scanning your machine, the tool prepares a history of all files that were deleted, authorized and quarantined. This helps you to look back in future what files are on your system and what virus have been found. You must don't forget to remove any other antivirus program before using this tool.

Just download it back again from the official site of Microsoft and then re-install it. It will work fine. There error is due to some inaccessible drives in your system. The engine for the protection and threat detection network was updated. And a system of protection against network breaches program operator has also been integrated in Microsoft Security Essentials.

Security Essentials can fight against all forms of malware, virus, trojan, rootkit spyware and other threats. Unlike OneCare security suite launched by Microsoft pay back nearly two and half years, the new software provides no maintenance of PC like saving, cleaning, etc. So there it lacks some quality. Better remove this and buy some full protection for your system. A internet security suite can be better solution.