Thread: How to remove Worm:Win32/Koobface.W

How to remove Worm:Win32/Koobface.W

I have a dell inspiron laptop running with windows 7. Recently i got a warning that my system is infected with the Worm:Win32/Koobface.W for your information i have installed the AVG antivirus free edition on my system but i think that the avg is not able to get the virus fixed so please tell me how can i fix the Worm:Win32/Koobface.W any help will be appreciated.

Re: How to remove Worm:Win32/Koobface.W

I think that the virus should be removed by using the Microsoft security essential application if you are using windows 7. Download a copy of Microsft security essential on your system and then install it. perform a full scan on your system using this application you can definitely remove the Worm:Win32/Koobface.W hope fully the virus should be fixed.

As far as i know you will not be allowed to install the Microsoft security essential or any similar antivirus application on your system because the Worm:Win32/Koobface.W will not allow. But you can do this by simply renaming the setup file , so simply rename it either to iexplorer.exe or to firefx.exe. Hope that this will help you.

Worm:Win32/Koobface.W is a worm which spreads by copying That Itself, Without infecting other files. It Reduce the security level of the computer: it exchanges the security settings of Internet Explorer, ITS Posted decreasing security level. It uses stealth techniques to Avoid Being Detected by the user. It uses techniques included in the ITS code to hide It Is Itself while active. Try to use the Microsoft Security Essential in the safe mode.

Koobface is a trojan which spreads on social networks (MySpace, Facebook etc. ..). Once infected, the account of the social network is used to post messages containing links to pages that redirect to download videos. So you must try to remove the worm as soon as you can otherwise the Worm:Win32/Koobface.W will infect your system files too which will ultimately result in your system crash.

The thing to understand is that to have a better chance of infecting your computer is a series of exploits for Windows or third party software that are tested. You will have to purchase a good and powerful antivirus application like the escan antivirus 10 because the Microsoft security essential is not powerful enough to get this problem resolved. escan will definitely help you to fix this issue.

This is really a very harmful virus It deletes the original file from Which It Was It Is Run ounces installed on the computer.
    • Koobface.JR uses the gold FOLLOWING spread distribution methods:
    • Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user:
    • Exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications.
    • To exploit it Needs Them Successfully the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc..