Thread: Control Center virus or malware removal

Control Center virus or malware removal

Due to improper handling and I suppose may be a download when my computer turns on a window Acer control center (best pc components health) remains on the desktop but also leaves the computer secure. There is nothing really stuck. I go to f8 or f2 but I can not do anything. Then after some times i get a message that the Control Center virus or malware detected in the MSE. Please tell me how do i get rid of this Control Center virus or malware.

Re: Control Center virus or malware removal

Control Center is a rogue security application, also termed as fake antivirus application. Control Center hopes to trick the user into believing that this is a real program using different tactics. So i would suggest you to remove this application using the Microsoft security essential application on your system. Scan the system and do the recommended action to fix this virus.

I think that you can get rid of this by simply removing the redistry keys which are mentioned below remember that you need to login from the administrator account while you delete the registry keys.
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Control Center
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall \ Control Center

Most of the fake anti-virus software focuses primarily on money scam to trick computer users, some rogue anti-virus programs can do more harm, such as hijack browser settings, browser home page change buttons make logging, or used backdoor for more malicious intent such as remote control of the computer or spread viruses. The control center virus or malware is also a fake antivirus application which can be removed from the control panel.

I was not able to solve the problem I had to reformatted the computer so do not full time luckily my office computer is normally workig and given but virus control center so i transferred all my files on an external hard drive before reformatting. does reformatting erases all viruses, therefore, now look I dont have anything!