Thread: What anti-virus software works with Windows 7

What anti-virus software works with Windows 7

I had just recently ugpraded to Windows 7 and I need some help for the security support in that. After the release I heard on forums people talking about the security flaws in the operating system which is very risky. With the operating system I also want to buy a antivirus program for this. I want to know which can be a good antivirus program for that that will work with the new operating system properly.

Re: What anti-virus software works with Windows 7

It is right that the security of Windows 7 may be compromised by a recently discovered flaw in the beta version of Microsoft's operating system. It therefore allows a person to circumvent the system of control imposed by UAC and so change the system without the user being notified. This might allow the spread of viruses, usually identified by UAC when trying to make a change to the system.

It is possible that you can automate a restart when UAC amended to add the program to the startup folder of the user and, by disabling the component, working with administrators privileges ready to cause damage. You can try to use AntiVir Personal Edition which gives you all the necessary protection for all those new computer viruses and the same is suitable for both individual and private use. Reliable, lightweight and fast, this virus continually analyzes your computer for malicious files of all viruses, spyware, malware, etc.

There is Windows Defender provided in the operating system but that does not seems to be enough. In windows 7 the Firewall hidden with its default configuration. So some default inbound connections to your PC can be blocked. This can cause problems downloading or internet connection for some sites that do not have a rule as shown in this panel. A warning window may open and ask your permission to block or unblock one or the other opening page.

I am using Norton AntiVirus which is a key player in the world of viruses. Bearing the same features as the 2009 version, it allows amongst other block intrusions most sophisticated and protect themselves from worms, viruses and trojans. Norton AntiVirus scans only files and processes at risk. The automatic update is every 5-15 minutes. It is the most powerful antivirus I had found yet.

If you are going to buy Norton Antivirus then go for Norton Antivirus 2010. It is the most newest and meant for advance users. It comes in two products the first ist the Norton Antivirus which is used to protects users against viruses and worms and other one is Norton Internet Security which adds to the functionality of antivirus firewall, antispam and control parenting.

I am using Avast. It is better in comparision to AntiVir Personal Edition or AVG. The best thing about this antivirus is that it is free and very user friendly. You can use the same quiet easily and it scans your system for virus and spyware. The antivirus works well in Windows 7 and you can use any other tool also with this.

ptrhenry52 Guest

I have used Avira Antivirus.It is one of my favourite.Avira is the best free antivirus software that I have used ever.The detection rate is quite good and also the overall performance.I have also used Bit-defender Antivirus.It is very well supported to windows 7.