Thread: Help to get rid of Antivirus XP 2010 rogue anti spyware

Help to get rid of Antivirus XP 2010 rogue anti spyware

I have recently bought a new desktop computer system on which i have installed Windows Vista OS. I do not know from where this pop ups comes on my screen but my system shows pop ups about Activating Antivirus XP 2010. I do not want anymore anti virus software as i have one. But since these pop ups have started appearing on my screen, My system have got very much slow. How do i remove this pop ups now?

Re: Help to get rid of Antivirus XP 2010 rogue anti spyware

Antivirus XP 2010 is a rogue anti spyware which claims that there are viruses on your system and when you scan you system by using this software then it shows several viruses which are just fake things as there would be no such viruses nor it has scanned your system. Ultimate aim for these alerts is to activate this software on your system which needs to be paid from your account. So i suggest you not to click on any of those pop ups.

Antivirus XP 2010 is itself a malware which infects your system in such way that it gets inside the registry of your Windows operating system and make your windows believing that this software is genuine has no harmful processes. Actually it disables all the security features on your system which does not let you remove this virus. I thin you have visited some websites from where this virus has been entered into your pc.

I suggest you to do the boot scan of your system by using an avast anti virus software which scans your system at the time when it gets boot. So that the viruses which replicates itself while your system gets rebooted cannot generate its processes anymore.
    Once you have removed this viruses from your system then there wont be anymore pop ups on your screen. Click on an AVAST to download it.

If you want to make your system secured from such viruses then you have to keep your Windows Firewall enabled all the time so that it alerts you when you try to visit any such malicious webpage. Firewall scans all the bits of data which tries to enter into your system, So even single malicious bit cannot infect your system. But make sure that you have to keep on updating your system so that its firewall also gets updated.

Once you computer system gets infected by an Antivirus XP 2010 rogue anti spyware then it is difficult to remove this virus as it gets inside your windows registry and changes the values of registry in such a way that no security software would be able to find that there is something malicious on your system and hence you cannot remove it.
    So last option which you have in order to get rid of this virus is to format your system.

If your antivirus software is able to find out the viruses on your system and it is not able to remove it out of your computer then i think you have to use safe mode of your windows system as in this mode your pc reacts as safe and it does not spread the viruses nor it allows your windows security features to ceased out. You have to press F8 key when it starts and select Safe Mode.