Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to remove Security Tool rogue anti-spyware

Networking & Security

Old 03-08-2010

How to remove Security Tool rogue anti-spyware

Hi there, today I was surfing on the internet but some virus is infected to my system and the virus is Security Tool. This Security Tool virus is telling to purchase antivirus program to remove the some from the my computer. But before this there is no virus in mu system then why shoud I have to buy this. Please help me to solve my problem.

Old 03-08-2010

Re: How to remove Security Tool rogue anti-spyware

Security Tool, or else known as SecurityTool, is a rascal anti-spyware application through the identical products as System Security. This application is endorse during the use of Trojans and web pop-ups. After this fake is promoted through a Trojan it will be installed onto your PC with no your authorization or knowledge. After promoted through the web pop-ups, you will be revealed a pop-up while browsing the web which sys your system is infected.
Old 03-08-2010

There are some properties of the Security Tool:
  • It modifies the web browser settings
  • It displays commercial adverts
  • It keeps resident in background
Old 03-08-2010

You have to delete registry values:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Security Tool
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "4946550101"

There are some files to delete:

4946550101.bat 4946550101.cfg 4946550101.exe Security Tool.lnk Security Tool.lnk

There are some folders to delete:
%UserProfile%\Application Data\4946550101
Old 04-08-2010

Malwarebytes is a site dedicated to fighting malware. Malwarebytes has developed a variety of tools that can identify and remove malicious software from your computer. When your computer becomes infected, Malwarebytes can provide the needed assistance to remove the infection and restore the machine back to optimum performance.
Old 05-08-2010

As soon as you install Security Tool application on your computer, the following irritating and nerve-racking things begin to flood it. Users begin getting popups as well as bogus system notifications that maintain that there is a list of threats located on your system. In addition, Security Tool make believe to scan your system. However the replicated threats can be eleminated only if you purchase the application.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,