Thread: Internet security pop up wont stop

Internet security pop up wont stop

I am using Internet Explorer 8 with my computer that is running Windows XP. I do not have any firewall running in my system as Internet Explorer provides some security features to keep away from internet threats. Besides this, I have Escan antivirus installed in my system. The problem that started recently in my system is that the Internet security pop up wont stop. This problem started when I installed some flash game from a particular site. Even after uninstalling the game, the same problem is persisting. It will be grateful of you people if any assistance can be provided in this case.

Re: Internet security pop up wont stop

Follow the steps given below:
    • Click on Tools.
    • After that, go to Internet Options.
    • Now, select Security.
    • There, go to Internet and check out if there is a click on the Default Level or not. If not, then do the required settings to make it active.
    • Doing the required settings there will fix the situation.

There is no need to worry if the Internet security pop up wont stop. This is a very dimple problem being encountered because some add-on has been installed automatically in the browser. This has happened because when such flash or any other games are installed from the web, they have some additional requirements, which are served as add-ons. Check out for the same and disable it from the browser.

Even if direct removal or disabling the add-ons does not help you to resolve the problem that the Internet security pop up wont stop, then there is another method available, that is to reset the Internet Settings. you will get this option of resetting in the tab for Advanced, that is available in the Internet Options window. Clicking on Reset should do the trick.

Escan is not a recommended antivirus to use and you must not rely on the simple security measures provided by IE. I suggest you to install Quick Heal antivirus because it also comes along with a firewall, that will keep protected you from internet threats. It will also allow you to boot scan the system, that will detect the threats when they are inactive, as the scan takes place before the startup of the OS. With the help of the boot scan, you can also come to know whether that game you installed was an infection or not, since trojan infections enters any system in this manner only.