Thread: Windows 7 deletes all system restore points on reboot

Windows 7 deletes all system restore points on reboot

I am using Windows 7 in my system and I had faced some virus issue last time. This time after removing my PC suite and installing most newest version I found that my phone is detected in the system. I want to perform system restore for that. But when I open the system restore box there are no settings. They disappeared just after a reboot. What should I do here. I think I will need to use any disk imaging software in future.

Re: Windows 7 deletes all system restore points on reboot

The system restore option is either deleted by the virus or after a fresh install. You cannot bring that rather creating a new session back again. But this time your virus files will aslo be restored back. The system regularly restore points when installing certain software or updates, or even drivers. You can easily get rid of the older backups by deleting them. Better scan your system and first remove the virus.

Usually you cannot delete restore points in the system without disabling the protection system. That is located in Control Panel > System and Security and System. There is System Protection in the left. So if the files are deleted then it is not easy to get them back. You might need to create a new one. Do this boot under safemode and scan your computer for virus. Then create a new restore points

System Restore helps restore Windows system files from your computer to an earlier point in time. This allows you to undo changes to the system without affecting your personal files, such as emails, documents or photos. Very useful to find a sound system that has become unstable, see corrupted after installing a program or driver. But once deleted this files cannot comes back. Use Norton Ghost, it is a nice disk imaging software.

I am using Acronis True Image tool. I do not rely on system restore for my computers protection. It takes an exact image of your hard drive or separate partitions for complete backup of your system. The application can then restore all its contents, including operating system, programs and data and settings to any occasion. I had created a copy for the same on a DVD and then just run the same.

In Windows 7 you can now get log records for each access to protected resources the user name and origin of the privileges that allowed him access, a critical function for companies wishing to conduct compliance audits. So this logs files can help you to figure out whether what is the issue behind your system failure. It is really nice option to use a disk imaging software.

In my system I had insatlled Paragon Drive Backup and it is a powerful backup tool. It just work by creating a full backup image of your hard drive without leaving Windows. In case of failure, quickly restore precious documents and the operating system with all applications installed and configured. The backup image includes the entire disk, ie data files, system files and hidden files, compressed or encrypted files, even the records of the boot sector.