Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: avira firewall

avira firewall

Hi can anyone help,i recently uninstalled avira premium anti virus,however the firewall is still reporting that it is switched on in my security centre,how can i remove this as i believe this is conflicting with kaspersky and is choking my d/load speeds,they have gone down from 250-300kps to virtually 0.1.
    Thanks.

Re: avira firewall

For this Avira has provided a Avira uninstaller tool. This tool is designed to remove Avira and its file completely. There are some system files and registry entries which are left behind and due to which you notice instances of Avira in your system. I had attached the same to this post and you can remove it out. Download the same from below and try this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Pabloa,thanks for your advice and the link,unfortunately this did not rectify my problem,and avira firewall is still showing in my security centre as turned on,and i cannot change it,i believe that this is throttling my d/load speed.

Did you installed avira firewall suite separately on your computer or did it came along with the package? If it came along with the package then how come the firewall was left out during the uninstall process? How did you uninstalled avira premium anti virus? Did you tried to disable it from the startup?

Hi big fish,in reply to your question,i downloaded avira seperately to try and solve a problem i was having at the time(which had been reccomended),i have kaspersky anti virus installed,therefore did not need to keep avira installed,so i uninstalled it,i noticed recently though that my download speeds had dropped very significantly,i checked security centre to see what firewalls were running,and saw that avira firewall was still turned on,though all components of avira were supposed to have been removed,there were some elements left in the registry which i have deleted,however it is still turned on?

This can be due to the registry files which are left behind in your system and that is why the firewall is running in the background. There is a fix for that. Do this download and install Avira Registry Cleaner from the below post and test that. Run this tool and then download and install CCleaner. Run the same and restart your system. Check back again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

sad Re: avira firewall

Hi Spyrus,thanks for the advice however this has not succeeded,i have removed every trace of avira from registry,yet it still continues to show that it is running a firewall in security centre.

Toonboy1958

sad Re: avira firewall_I am also having difficulties uninstalling Avira

Finally Avira trial Premium isn't showing in Control Panel when I uninstalled it but it took forever. Now I still see that it's on my computer. I downloaded the Avira uninstaller. After downloading I tried running it but it said it can't be opened. Would anyone have some advice on how to get rid of Avira antivirus program?

In order to remove Avira antivirus program completely from your system, it requires little workout in Windows Registry as well. But note that modifying the registry could damage your system, hence make backup everytime before working with registry. To remove Avira antivirus , just follow these threads:
    How to remove Avira Antivirus program
    How to remove avira antivirus
    Cannot Remove Avira Antivirus

Can you see it in Program Files? If yes then try to remove it from there. If this doesn't help then try reinstalling the software, if you can, and then use Avira AntiVir Removal Tool to completely remove it. It seems to be there are some instances that are left on your computer which Avira AntiVir Removal Tool is unable to detect and it will not appear in Control Panel because the program was partially removed.

HI Carlyn,
    i eventually got rid of all traces of avira and the firewall,this is how i did it..
    click start and type in regedit,open regedit,you will then get a menu on the left,at the top click on computer and then click on edit then click on find,type in avira,this wil search your registry for all traces of avira,delete all traces that it finds,this should solve the problem,however in my case it did not,so i defragged my registry using tune up utilities and this removed it.I am running windows vista 2,therefore if your o s is different there may be variations to the above,but it is basically the same process.

hope this helps.

unsure Re: avira firewall

Hi toonboy1958,

Is that risky?_to select the offending Avira files left behind in the registry and to delete them? Your solution sounds easier then installing avira over and uninstalling. It was a very slow long process in the first place to uninstall and try and get rid of it so it wasn't showing in the program files. I would not want to download and uninstall a second time.
    At present though when my computer is downloading Windows updates it is taking longer then usual. I've reinstalled free Avast and have used it for years and like it. I don't know why I decided on changing over the anti virus in the first place when avast was working???? I think what's making my computer slow to update are the bits of the offending avira left behind however I'm guessing and not sure. I'd like to get rid of it completely. I appreciate everyones answers and help. I have vista service pack2.

Quote Originally Posted by toonboy1958 View Post
    HI Carlyn,
    i eventually got rid of all traces of avira and the firewall,this is how i did it..
    click start and type in regedit,open regedit,you will then get a menu on the left,at the top click on computer and then click on edit then click on find,type in avira,this wil search your registry for all traces of avira,delete all traces that it finds,this should solve the problem,however in my case it did not,so i defragged my registry using tune up utilities and this removed it.I am running windows vista 2,therefore if your o s is different there may be variations to the above,but it is basically the same process.

hope this helps.

Hi Charlyn,sorry it has took so long to reply,have just got back from holiday,in answer to your question,if you have already uninstalled avira and are no longer needing it,then it is perfectly safe to remove the remaining traces of avira from your registry,if you follow the instructions,then there will be no problem.This could be why your pc is running slow,as avira may be conflicting with other software on your pc.

Hi. I ve tried everything and it wont go... Any other thoughts? Its very annoying... maby i should contact Avira.

Quote Originally Posted by neron View Post
    Hi. I ve tried everything and it wont go... Any other thoughts? Its very annoying... maby i should contact Avira.
    Have you given a try to uninstaller utility? If not yet then first give a try to uninstaller utility i.e. Revo Uninstaller, Your Uninstaller etc which helps to remove the application completely from the system and also clears the registry left over of the application. So if you can then go with the Uninstaller and see whether this is working for you or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast