Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

uTORRENT OPEN PORT

Networking & Security

Old 29-07-2010

uTORRENT OPEN PORT

Dear Sir,

I am using u torrent for downloading.I want to download my file with high speed.But my u torrent show always 30kb to 500kb speed.I am connect through LAN network and using internet through proxy server. I don't know our LAN administrator allowing to us for downloading with u torrent & I also don't know which port is open for that job.Kindly please help how to find network open port for u torrent full speed access without administrator contact/knowledge.

Old 29-07-2010

Re: uTORRENT OPEN PORT

Can you please tell us what is the maximum download speed and upload speed of your internet? What type of internet are you using, that is, are you using a broadband or dial up or anyother type of network service? I think by Lan network, you are using a broadband internet service. You can read from the uTorrent Connection Setup Guide directly from their support site.
Old 30-07-2010

Dear Sir,

I don't know what is my DL/UL speed. I just know following,

My computer connect with LAN network in my office.
I have enter proxy server add in my browser(provide by network admin)
My computer right bottom side showing my computer connect at 100mbps.
I have enter same proxy server in u torrent configuration setting tab with port 80.

Now please help.

Regards,

Arshad Mahmood
Lahore, Pakistan
Old 30-07-2010

Go to Options>Preferences>Network. Enter a port number above 10000 under ‘Port used for incoming connections’. Uncheck "Randomize port each time utorrent starts". Uncheck "Enable UPnP port mapping". Add utorrent to Windows Firewall exceptions, if it is enabled. Set global maximum upload rate to 0. Enable protocol encryption.
Old 03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiSpeed View Post
Go to Options>Preferences>Network. Enter a port number above 10000 under ‘Port used for incoming connections’. Uncheck "Randomize port each time utorrent starts". Uncheck "Enable UPnP port mapping". Add utorrent to Windows Firewall exceptions, if it is enabled. Set global maximum upload rate to 0. Enable protocol encryption.
Dear Sir,

I enter PORT 11000 & follow steps as said you. then add one torrent. there was 360 seeder & 600 leecher but speed was only DL 180kb & UL 9.5Kb. U torrent status icon showing as RED.

Old 03-08-2010

Can you tell us what doed the red icons (Tracker Error (download)/Tracker Error (upload)) mean on the torrent status icons? You are getting this red icon notification either because the utorrent tracker is not able to reach ot it might have become overloaded or simply that domain doesnt exist anymore. You can read more about this issue here.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,