Thread: Problem with DING on macbook

Problem with DING on macbook

I necessitate help, each time I try to download ding for my 1st generation macbook, it says "DING! Engine unsuccessful to initialize, shutting down program down" does anybody be familiar with what this means and how be able to I fix it so I be able to make use of DING from southwest. I am having the similar tribulations too. I am running Leopard 10.5.1. Sounds additional similar to a bad download. Do not imagine that error would have no matter which to do by means of your correlation. Not certain additional than it might have something to do by means of firewall or networking.

Re: Problem with DING on macbook

My friends have been a fan of DING for a small number of years; they ran it the entire the time on a PowerPC based iMac. Most recent year they got them a Macbook; DING has not run in view of the fact that then additional than I have ignored the tribulations. Previous night I installed Leopard hoping that these tribulations would go away. It has not & they get the similar error communication you do "DING! Engine failed to initialize, conclusion program down". I have comprise and uninstalled DING etc, reloaded it by means of no luck - the similar tribulations. I do not consider that a bad download is the problem.

This I in addition installed it on my PowerPC G5 system and it ran extremely well. So I called the SWA most important number in view of the fact that they have encompass no tech hold up or maintain listed. Subsequent to being route approximately customer relations etc, I had to give up - tech hold up or maintain from people who desire to book flights is strange. And SWA does not have an email hold up or maintain site so customers are left to grapple on their own additional than they did mention sanctuary, firewalls etc. I made certain that my friends Macbook is extremely insecure; it determine to not block anything downloaded. I do not imagine that's the problem the creation date of DING is June 23, 2006 and predates (I imagine) the Intel based Macs. I am at a loss as how to fix this. SWA releasing software that they would not support is unscrupulous.

For this I had called SWA's SOS department; they speak they are conscious of the tribulations and are running by means of Apple to fix it. I received no information in sequence as to what the tribulations is and the SWA person was indomitable not to let me get past. Previous night I spoke to an additional person at SWA & he had me associated by means of a hold up or maintain technician who regrettably might not help. Today's contact's location was that it was an Apple tribulations and the solution would have to come from Apple. I encompass a hard time believing this determine to rate high on Apple's precedence. The SOS is an internal SWA department and today's contact seemed anxious that I had pried the contact number from the association.

I was having the similar "Ding Engine Failed to Initialize" tribulations as everybody else here. The tribulations went away subsequent to I trashed the preferences. This is the file: com.SouthwestAirlines.DING!1.05.plist It is in the user's Library folder. You be able to do a Spotlight investigate for "southwest" and locate it that method. Interestingly, Ding worked extremely well on my G4 PowerBook. I used Migration Assistant to shift Ding (and the whole thing else to my innovative MacBook). Ding would not run on the MacBook until I tossed its predilection file into the Trash. I took to give the impression of being at the previous preferences and the innovative ones and they are not the similar, not accurately. Perhaps the tribulations have to do by means of going from a G4 apparatus to an Intel machine by means of the similar prefs. Perhaps they are able to locate out here. Anyhow, tossing the prefs worked similar to a charm for me and I anticipate it does for you.

My Mac maintains making a monotonous dinging noise (not the noise you get from an email, additional than additional similar to an "error" ding), and I have tribulations by means of scrolling in drop-down menus. I consideration it was the mouse, additional than the sound remained when I unplugged the mouse. It determine to be similar to this for hours, then stop briefly, then start up the entire in excess of again for no apparent reason. It's a G5 desktop. I tried resetting the PRAM additional than that did not solve the tribulations. Still I am getting the same tribulations I am on 10.6 2.0ghz aluminum macbook.

The whole thing determine to finally scratch so I do not observe much point in worrying regarding it. That being said, it determine to perceptibly look superior if you maintain it in a case/sleeve rather than loose in your backpack. I thought those tribulations were resolved by means of the core 2 duos anyway, if your MacBook does have comprise one of those tribulations I do not think you would have a predicament getting it replaced. If you turn off wireless and Bluetooth and turn down the display and do not utilize several programs that are too intense, you be able to get similar to 5 hours. By means of wireless you be able to get similar to 3.5 hours actually it depends on what programs you have working with and the brightness of the screen and whether you have wireless on.