Thread: Problem in Ad Hoc Network in Windows 7 via iPhone

Problem in Ad Hoc Network in Windows 7 via iPhone

Hello friends,
    The problem is that whenever i try to create an AdHoc network in Windows 7. After that when i connect my Iphone with, it displays a message stating that "waiting for users to connect", and then my iphone is unable to connect with the AdHoc wireless network via windows 7. I tried it on vista and i have seen that it works perfectly. But still i am facing the problem with the windows 7. I tried to assign the wireless adapter manually on windows 7 but still the same problem. Please help me to solve this problem.

Re: Problem in Ad Hoc Network in Windows 7 via iPhone

I was also having the same problem with my computer but sought out with a fix which i got it from my friend. The solution for this problem is that you need to use an old atheros driver and then you need to overwrite the windows 7 driver with it, it took a lot of messing on to get the windows 7 to except the driver which i did it before a month but i can say that it definitely works for the problem which you are facing it right now.

As far as your problem is concern i don't know that which wireless chipset you are using on your computer but if your are using atheros then the below method can fix the problem. I am using atheros 50007 on my dell laptop, you need to download and install the driver under XP compatibility mode. And if your are not using the atheros 50007 id then i guess that you need to find the equivelent xp driver for your chipset and then install it in the XP compatibility mode.

I am also facing the same problem with my computer which works on windows 7 and I am using broadcom chipset on both of the cards. One is the PCI card which is set as the ADHOC and the otherone is PCMCIA that is connected to the laptop. I have ICS enabled on the WLAN card which is set as AD-HOC. The client WLAN does not get nay of the IP address. Also if i manually type in the address it still unable to work. I think that it is a bug problem in Windows 7 and it need to be sought out by the windows people.

I think it is the problem with the windows 7 operating system and if you want then you can do one thing, you need to re-install the windows 7 on your computer and then also do the fresh setup of the adhoc wireless network on your computer and install all the required drivers also with the phone's driver which you wanted to connect to the computer. And then see if the problem persist, just contact the windows people and find some solution of it.

I was having the same exact problem and it turned out that it was my atheros driver. what i was is installed a modded driver from this website and now pdanet works perfectly and the computer detects my iphone.
    here is where i got the modded driver