Thread: Full scan took over 10 hours

Full scan took over 10 hours

I am using Mcafee antivirus. Last time I had some infection in my system. For that I kept the system on full scanning. But now this took a very long hour. I kept for scanning in morning and the same continued till evening. I am not able to understand how does my antivirus is scanning my system for such long time. I need to change this so for that I want to ask does Trend Micro is a nice one.

Re: Full scan took over 10 hours

It is possible that there is lots of filein your system. What is the size of your hard drive. Normally when you run a full system scan then it takes around 2 to 3 hour maximum depending on the system. If you does not have much file then the antvirus is getting hanged in between. Update it to newest version and if nothing works then just re-install the same to fix the issue.

I will recommend you to first re-install your antivirus program. I hope that re-install the full system can fix the matter. What happened here is that some file in your antivirus is corrupted. It must not consume so much time which is causing the issue. Just switch to any other antivirus like Treand Micro. Trend Micro AntiVirus + AntiSpyware is a 2 in 1 package provides reliable protection for your computer.

If your antivirus is not worknig then I will recommend you t use Trend Micro. It comes witha complete suite that compiles of all the modules of protection against threats on the net to ensure maximum safety of your network and your data. In fact, you will find an anti-spyware, anti-virus, firewall, network controller Wi-Fi, etc. The application also makes available a full parental control system.

Yes Trend Micro will be a much familar for you. I comes with real-time protection monitors everything program active on your machine. It also checks incoming email and outbound, as well as their attachments. IT has complete, real-time protection monitors everything program active on your machine. It also checks incoming email and outbound, as well as their attachments.

Your antivirus is corrupted or not working properly due to whcih you are gettnig such issue. I had just swticted to Trend Micro and before that I was using Avast. But as the trail ended I had to switch to a another one. The detection results from Trend Micro AntiVirus + AntiSpyware have increased significantly since the previous version and now give full satisfaction in several independent tests.

The best part of Trend Micro is that it quarantines the item and then you get a chance to define a default action when there is any virus as suspect or eliminate the program to quarantine. You can use the same anywhere and it is also very easy to use. s excellent value for money should allow the tool to satisfy his options define the level of vigilance, etc. You can then buy this out and before that check once.