Thread: BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express and Data Plans

BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express and Data Plans

Recently I have configured the BES Express, and I know that the enterprise data plan is not necessary. The thing I need to know is that if any device user is currently having the enterprise data and tries to put them on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express and tries to downgrade the standard internet data plan after configuring the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express. Will configuration cause any kind of problem, if you have any information on this BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express and Data Plans then please let me know about it?

Re: BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express and Data Plans

According to me there won’t any issue if you are trying to that. I mean if you are going through the BlackBerry Internet Service data plan. But if you are having any generic one this will not work. The actual thing is that the work around is to get the users activated on air in place of wired. Finally I can say only one thing that until and unless you try it you will not get to know about it.

I have launched the BlackBerry Enterprise Server today and I have activated the handset through the web desktop and USB. This is working perfectly fine and applies the policies perfectly. But the problem is that when I am disconnecting the device there are not updates coming down, and when I am trying to send emails then it fails giving the error that the service is blocked. Can you suggest me anything for this problem of configuration or carrier.

They have solved my problem, but I am hundred percent sure that they cannot find out the problem and hence they have given me a BlackBerry Enterprise Server activation on my handset without any cost. But they are not accepting this thing. The good thing is that I do not want to care about that thing. I have got my thing working and I am happy with that.

I am also facing the same problem and I am sure about that this problem is because of O2. I am having my BlackBerry Internet Service enabled on my business handset and it is activated by USB on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Exchange. It was working fine and I have done the wireless synchronization for more than a day and after that it stopped working.

The problem I am facing is that I am not able to send emails from the device the status is displaying that this service is blocked. The O2 is displaying message that I require a BlackBerry Enterprise Server and I do not have any idea BlackBerry Enterprise Server Exchange is not working with the BlackBerry Internet Service. I have also called to RIM support center they are saying that it is a carrier problem.

This is working for me but I am not sure that it will work for you. Basically Orange is not having any support for the BES/BESX on the Blackberry plans. For this thing to work you require a corporate plan or if you cannot have that then you can go for the SME contract. Normally this kind of proprietary lock downs the complete point of BESX. So you need to use RIM for this thing.