Thread: Cannot select server after entering CAL and SRP information on BES Experess 5.0

Cannot select server after entering CAL and SRP information on BES Experess 5.0

I am struggling to install the BES Express 5.0 but I am facing problem while doing this at the time when I have to select the server for going further at the time of installation. To be more precisely just after I have to enter the CAL and SRP information, it shows that no server is selected. Is there anyone who is facing this similar problem, or have the solution for this problem. I just want to know why I cannot select server after entering CAL and SRP information on BES Experess 5.0.

Re: Cannot select server after entering CAL and SRP information on BES Experess 5.0

I think you have not completed the pre-requisites that are required for installing this Blackberry Enterprise server 5.0. Just check the pre-requisites that are need for the installation and complete that first and after that try to install the server on your blackberry. I am sure after that you will not face any such problem. You can also check the blackberry site for solving this issue.

Re: Cannot select server after entering CAL and SRP information on BES Experess 5.0

I think that you need to provide local administrator rights for the BES service account. For doing this you need to follow these steps. BES on the Domain controller, first you need to start then have to go to programs then have to go to Administrative Tools then have to go to Active Directory Users and Computers. After reaching there you have to select the Builtin folder. Then double click on the Administrator. Then on the Member tab you have to click on ADD. After that you have to enter the BES service account name and after that click on check Names. Then finally click on apply an ok.

After configuring this, if you are not able to solve the issue then you follow the instruction given on this site BlackBerry Exchange server .

Thank you for the reply I have solved the issue related to my problem. I have heard something about the Blackberry internet services that it will be the successor of Blackberry Exchange server. Well I am not cleared about that if you can help to more about that then I will be really thankful. I will be waiting for your reply.

The successor of the BPS version 5.0 (only for exchange at this time): Note that this version software allows to use the server software without the option to subscribe to NBS. This version can be installed on the SBS 2003 or 2008, and will support Exchange Server 2003, 2007 and 2010. It should be a free download very soon. I hope that is helpful to you.

I want to know one more thing that Blackberry enterprise server will installed on the Exchange server it is true but it can be done on a dedicated one or not. I have searched the net for this information but the only thing I have got on most of the forums that it is not advisable for switching on the same server, and even less supported by RIM. Exactly I want to know that how many users it can have on one Blackberry server.

Blackberry Exchange Server Express can be installed on the exchange server has up to 70/75 blackberry users, even if RIM does not recommend it, they bear (see the pre-installation required). If RIM documents are that they support it! Now fully take into account that if RIM Support may request that the BES is installed on a dedicated machine. I hope you have got the idea what I am trying to convey.