Thread: Whattoseek redirect from Google Search

Whattoseek redirect from Google Search

I am encountering a Whattoseek redirect from Google Search from a couple of days. No matter what I search for and no matter what I get in the search results, I simply get redirected to Whattoseek. After that, again without doing anything, the browser takes me from Whattoseek to some other site. I am not able to understand why this is happening. I have tried scanning my system with the help of the Escan antivirus that I am using in my system that is running Windows Vista, but no help.

Re: Whattoseek redirect from Google Search

The situation of getting redirected during Google Search has already been solved on our forums. You can have a look at the following thread to get the solution for the same:
    Get rid of Google search redirect virus
    if you are not able to get rid of the problem with any of the solutions given in this above thread, the just let me know about it, so that I can help you with some other suggestion.
    All the best.

Whattoseek redirect from Google Search is a problem that is spread by an infection that is spreading on a very fast means via the internet. Inorder to prevent it from entering the system, a firewall must always be enabled in your system. You can use the default Windows Firewall or use any third party firewall.

Now, as the infection is already in the system, you need to enable a system restore to the factory settings, so that your computer will be cleaned up.

Make sure that the Whattoseek redirect from Google Search is not an issue that is caused from the end of the ISP. You need to contact them and mention the issues that you are facing. If they say that everything is fine from their end, then there is surely an infection in your system. You can remove this infection with the help of a safe mode scanning. The antivirus has to be up-to-date, inorder to assure its removal.

I have faced a similar problem as the Whattoseek redirect from Google Search. Well, I have been able to eradicate the same with the help of the boot scan method. This is a scan that takes place before the startup of the operating system. At this time, the infections remain inactive. This is the best chance for the antivirus to detect and delete the infections. Install Quick Heal antivirus for getting the feature of boot scanning.

When I was getting this problem of redirect from Google Search, I was not able to use any of the solutions for eradicating this error. The only option that I was able to use was formatting. After that, as the system was clean, no such issue was detected. So, I guess that you will have to go about using the same.