Thread: Lost internet connection after opening blocked sites

Lost internet connection after opening blocked sites

I am new to using internet and do not know how to define rules for the same. Well, the situation that I am facing is that I have lost internet connection after opening blocked sites. I am not able to understand what these blocked sites are meant to be. My computer is running Windows XP operating system and I have installed Escan antivirus inorder to keep my system protected. Please help me on how to get my internet connection back.

Re: Lost internet connection after opening blocked sites

You should have not opened the particular sites if they were mentioned to be blocked ones. These are actually harmful sites, that may contain malicious programs or contents that are not meant for viewing. So, if you have lost internet connection after opening blocked sites, then contact your ISP because they can help you for getting the connection back, either by resetting the connection or such other techniques.

It seems that some infection has entered your system because of which you have lost internet connection after opening blocked sites. So, this particular infection may have taken control over the internet connection. Anyways, there is no need to worry. The antivirus that you are using is not a recommended one. I suggest you to install AVG and run a full system scan. Remove all the unhealed infections that are detected during this scan.

I had encountered a similar problem as yours in which I had lost internet connection after opening blocked sites. Well, there is a built-in method to get rid of this issue. Start the system in the safe mode and then, try connecting to the internet. I had used the same method to fix my situation. So, I think that this method must help in your case too.

My suggestion is to format the computer as soon as possible and install a new copy of the operating system that you are using. After that, start a totally new connection of the internet. I can assure you that the issue that you have lost internet connection after opening blocked sites will be resolved with the help of this technique.

I have contacted the ISP and they have mentioned that there are no problems from their end. As per your suggestion, I have already formatted the system and installed a new copy of the Windows XP operating system. Wellm the good news is that the problem that I was facing that I lost internet connection after opening blocked sites has been resolved. Thanks for all your help.