Thread: Rename domain field in debian

Rename domain field in debian

Hello,
    I just installed debian to an ftp server. However, when installing the operating system, I entered a domain name wrong and how I try to rename it? Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: Rename domain field in debian

The host name is defined in a file that varies between distributions. My home is
    / Etc / conf.d / hostname
    under the other distro, it will be rather
    / Etc / hostname

Otherwise the command
    hostname can change the host name, may be I'm not sure the value is stored in a reboot

Thank you I solved my problem, I went to
    Code:
    / etc / hosts
    file and as my domain name was not valid for it, I have to change inside and chewing. Thank you for your help.

I have a VDS of Server4you with Debian 4.0. It is said that you get one. Com domain. Where can I set them now? Or is it only the vsXXXXXX.vserver.com? Hope someone can help me with this. I had tried some of the options but non of them really worked. Thank you.

I have now with no server4you, but normally you have in such host a web control panel where you can adjust something. in your case you need direction in search DNS entry. I guess you have checked this correctly.

Note only that spaces and special characters are not allowed. Please make also sure that there must be an existing host name. Leave field blank to get the default item. And under Power Reverse (do not know if that has nothing to do with it): Here you can change the reverse entry for your IP addresses. Please note that must be available for your chosen domain name has a name server entry to the desired IP. Would you like to register as the domain test.com as a reverse entry for the IP 192.168.0.1, it must refer previously been the domain "test.de" on this IP address 192.168.0.1 in the name server entry. This order must be observed. If that's not the case, and you have registered domain on SERVER4YOU, you can change the settings of your domain name server under 'PowerDNS'. If you leave the field for the reverse-empty, we automatically assume the default reverse entry.

There is no reason that it does not work, it's standard! Also, I saw in a forum that works with the SIGALRM an embedded Linux on ARM. Show your code, maybe the signal processing is a problem and you do not see that it is generated!

The constant your dominant under
    - PowerDNS
    - Power domain