Thread: Setting stealth mode - making PC invisible

Setting stealth mode - making PC invisible

How do I set up my firewall in Internet Security 2010 so that I be able to browse the internet in imperceptible or stealth mode. Presently I keep being stressed each time I log on. The moment I log on I take delivery of an email from an American source so he perceptibly knows I have immediately logged on. Similar thing from an Ireland source. They are using several sort of program that detects my system online, it reads my ip address - several methods to stop this. If you have comprise your FW set up properly, w/o spyware, they would not be capable to tell when you are online - unless your ISP demonstrates the entire online addresses (doubtful). Besides, why would they have comprise to wait till you are online to send spam email. Do they send msgs saying, "They saw you logon today at 9:12:32 PM," or such. At the extremely least, report it to your ISP if you imagine it's real.

Re: Setting stealth mode - making PC invisible

First thing a number of users determine to notice is that there is no stealth mode. This is able to be experimental on tests similar to Shields Up or PC Flank. Having no stealth mode does not create you susceptible, it basically means that your system determine to report an error when an outside system attempts to attach to you (in stealth mode it determine to do nothing). At the same time as this might seem superior, it's not, the automated attacks similar to port scans or various worms are not interested, they determine to probe random IP addresses whether they are stealthed or not (a superior illustration is Helkern, even if the firewall is stealthed the Intrusion Detection System tranquil blocks Helkern attempts to infiltrate the system). In addition stealth mode is able to generate tribulations by means of dissimilar Server type applications, P2P applications or even file transfers on convinced programs. If you insist on having stealth mode go to the Network Packages section and set these rules to block.

Do you indicate the moment you logon to internet you get emails. How do you be familiar with the emails were not previously sent & are immediately being d/l by your client (which are you using), for the reason that the client create certain mail as soon as logon. That seems additional probable than them knowing you are online, unless you are contaminated - in which case necessitate to do some full, deep scanning. Probably w/ additional than immediately KIS. You be able to obstruct the addresses in your client by setting msg filters so would not recover several mail from them. Try that 1st. If does not stop, be able to try Wilder's Secure discussion & ask suggestions.

Thank you for that. Fundamentally they have comprise software that alerts them when the system is logged on. It is obliged to be familiar with my ip address I guess. Anyway it's beneath control. I immediately ignore them. Not tranquil going to tribulations downloading software to "hide or modify my ip address". I tranquil imagine KIS 2010 is attractive superior. Thanks the entire in excess of again for the advice.

If this actually is occurring as described, you do not have comprise it beneath control, IMHO. If they are capable to get that information in sequence, they are almost certainly able to get additional, additional important information in sequence. If you are using DSL w/ dynamic IP (are you) & power modem off / on, & get innovative IP, & they tranquil "be familiar with you are online," you have got tribulations. I do not be familiar with how you determined they are tenuously determining your logon (w/o aid of spyware on your apparatus) & they immediately are not spamming your email address. Even w/ a static IP, w/o spyware, they have comprise no method of knowing when you logon.

What I am thinking to eliminate the Trojans and threats detected is to uninstall KIS 2010, install an additional virus organizer I have comprise on CD which is older additional than somehow detects Trojans and removes them. Be able to you recommend several online "deep" virus checkers worth considering. I be familiar with that Panda has one that takes a good 5+ hours to do a systematic system scan. As for them detecting when I am online a friend simply a small number of suburbs away one day a small number of months ago emailed to advise he knew I would been offline for "4 days". So as I say there's software obtainable to inform people of who's online at several given time and this occurred well previous to visiting the "americanthinker" website which unleashed a torrent of Trojans.

The Kaspersky's reporting the entire those infections. Are you certain the regular file AV is turned on at the entire; much less the Web AV. Something's incorrect. One or 2 getting by is imaginable, additional than not hundreds. 1st, hit it off on KIS icon in tray > My Protection > Files & confidential Data. Create certain green light is on for together on top of. That's a start. If not, go to those beneath Settings at top R of most important control panel. If you have comprise made changes to the defaulting settings & you are actually not certain what every change does, reset to defaulting settings. Next, in Settings > Options, create certain "Enable self protection" & "Disable external service control" are checkered. If facilitate self protection was not checkered, malware might have compromised reliability of KIS. That might necessitate reinstall of KIS, additional than not until system is clean.