Thread: Winsta.exe is getting bigger and using up system resources

Winsta.exe is getting bigger and using up system resources

I have taken an internet connection recently and ever since I have done that an unusual situation has struck my system. The issue is that Winsta.exe is getting bigger and using up system resources. I am not able to know why this is happening and what this process actually does. Well, I have installed Kaspersky antivirus in my system to keep my computer protected. On running a full system scan, I am not able to get any threats in the scan results.

Re: Winsta.exe is getting bigger and using up system resources

Any process that is using up system resources cannot be a genuine one, that is related to the system. A threat that uses up the system resources is referred to as a worm. Any available space is taken over by this infection. So, if Winsta.exe is getting bigger, then this is surely an infection. I suggest you to trace the manual path of this threat and then, get rid of it from the original location.

There is no need to worry if Winsta.exe is getting bigger. It seems that it is related to the internet. I mean to say that it gets activated when you are connected to the web. So, it is required that you must take care that no infections can enter into your computer from the web. This can be done with only one method. You need to install a third party firewall or start the default Windows Firewall in your system.

I dont think that Winsta.exe is a malicious process. It may be a part of the system processes. But, I am sure that it is behaving quite weirdly in your system. On searching on the web, I found out that it is a part of the "WinStation Monitor". I guess you need to go there and change the particular settings, so that it wont use up the entire resources of your system.

The situation that Winsta.exe is getting bigger and using up system resources is a very much complicated case, according to me. If none of the techniques as mentioned above help you to get rid of this process, then I guess that you will have to format the computer and install a new copy of the operating system that you are using. Make sure that you do not install any malicious program into your computer.