Thread: Who created Combofix

Who created Combofix

Seriously I cannot locate any information in sequence except that his PayPal is registered in Malaysia. Awhile ago I had a number of predicament by means of viruses/malware on my system and called a tech guy who was extremely accommodating and got things running the entire in excess of again. He installed the following three antivirus programs: AVG Free 8.5, Malwarebytes 1.34, and ComboFix. The first two I am recognizable by means of and am able to navigate attractive easily. The ComboFix, on the other hand. According to what I have read/heard this is not a program for an inexperienced user (me). I am attractive much anxious to even hit it off on the icon, as when I do, strange things occur. My query is, do I actually necessitate ComboFix if I have the additional two programs. Is it actually doing no matter which. I have by no means had several viruses/malware that might not be gotten rid of using moreover AVG or Malwarebytes. Be supposed to I leave ComboFix alone or be able to I uninstall it. The lack of understanding it is what's bothering me. I would be grateful for several explanations.

Re: Who created Combofix

I would similar to be familiar with too. As far as I am familiar with sUBs is a member of BleepingComputer. I in addition suspect that sUBs are similar as Grinler. The sUBs generated CF approximately June 2006 and have committed his time to improve and create it additional effective ever in view of the fact that. I anticipate he is making a number of serious bucks somehow he actually deserves it I am able to guarantee he saves millions of people lots of time and money.

I am able to assure you that they are not one in the similar person. Immediately take a look at the sheer volume of malware elimination tutorials, here and the superiority and the effectiveness of ComboFix and that determine to tell you it's not one person. That volume of run would be impracticable by a single human being. Additional than is says volumes regarding the people who do this for the betterment of the community to facilitate keep us safe and eliminate the scourge of malware. The sUBs and Grinler are immediately two names among thousands that do this for diminutive to no recognition. Immediately the knowledge they are doing superior for others.

As a tech, ComboFix is incredible I cannot live without having in my arsenal. Additional than as a remote computer tech, it is a last resort tool for the reason that it always kicks me out of session(which requirements client communication to get me reconnected), additional than it always seems to get the job completed. It’s a disappointment that there is no 64 bit version or description of CF at present or planned so when 64 bit is the norm you might have to.

Due to the architecture in 64-bit Windows and the information in sequence that 64-bit drivers necessitate to be digitally signed, rootkits are not seen as frequently in 64-bit apparatus so they are less prone to that type of contamination. As such, it is extremely unlikely that there determine to be a 64-bit version or description of CF in view of the fact that that OS is additional secure than a 32-bit system. The CF uses additional powerful removal methods than AVs. If AVs did this, and a false detection occurred, it might leave thousands of systems crippled for the reason that they are so extensively used. This is why we insist that CF merely be used under supervision, so that several mishaps be able to be fixed and reported rapidly.

I determined to be sending them a donation; he has saved my run system yet the entire in excess of again by means of his amazing diminutive program. I tried attractive much each AV, Malware and online scanner program and none of them made one jot of dissimilarity. The CF cured it in regarding 15 mins. Be able to somebody please explain why the entire the making AV software companies cannot do the similar thing. I cannot imagine how numerous thousands of people are getting these most recent rootkit type viruses everyday and finding their apparatus successfully ruined.

The Combofix is a freeware, portable submission premeditated to scan a system for known malware and, if originate, attempt to eliminate it. I personally utilize this application extremely frequently in conjunction by means of SmitFraudFix to eliminate Win Antivirus 2008 and its variants. In addition to removing numerous dissimilar rogueware products, it in addition demonstrate you a log of files that were created or modified in the most recent month to facilitate you locate potential malware it did not detect. For illustration, if there is a haphazardly named .dll file in the system32 folder that was generated on the day of the infection additional than the entire additional files are dated years ago when Windows was installed, it’s almost certainly something to do by means of the virus.