Thread: Cisco AnyConnect VPN client being blocked

Cisco AnyConnect VPN client being blocked

I am using the Kaspersky Internet Security and i am trying to connect to my office's corporate network with the help of the Cisco AnyConnect VPN. When i enter the credentials on the login page i receive an error message saying "unable to establish VPN connection". This started happening after installing the Kaspersky. It seems as Cisco AnyConnect VPN client being blocked by kaspersky internet security

Re: Cisco AnyConnect VPN client being blocked

This is a common problem amogst most of the kaspersky user and i think that either it is a bug or this is a kaspersky feature for making your system secure enough. To connect to the Cisco AnyConnect VPN simply follow the steps which are mentioned below:
    1. Right click the kaspersky icon in the task bar.
    2. Then select the option "pause protection".
    3. Try connecting to the VPN , You should definitely get connected.

In this situation when the Kaspersky Internet security is blocking the Cisco Anyconnect VPN client. I would advice you to uninstall the kaspersky antivirus application and go for another application since pausing will pause the antivirus application there by making your system insecure. Hope fully a new kaspersky update should resolve the issue.

I am a student and to connect to the wifi of the University must cisco VPN client (which is no 64bits version). But it seems that another version of client are distributed by Cisco known as Cisco AnyConnect VPN Clien, if I understand. But I just can not find it, or even download it on the cisco site. if anyone has a solution please.

The Cisco client is a client connect "any light not working on SSL and IPSec, this is not the same thing, the access protocol is completely different. So to use it, you have that behind such an SAA with an SSL gateway defined. Basic facts about the ASA SSL that you can not have two simultaneous connections (by restricting licenses at CISCO VPN Client IPSEC normal).

I would suggest you to add your VPN client to the trusted applications list. Because the kaspersky antivirus application is buit in such a way that it will not allow to access another networks from your system unless and until you are adding the same VPN client to the trusted applications list.