Thread: Trojan.win32.vilsel.aift - Acrord32.exe

Trojan.win32.vilsel.aift - Acrord32.exe

I had found a trojan virus in my system. The full name of this virus is Trojan.win32.vilsel.aift. I was running an quick scan when I got this virus indication in my system. I scanned my system but found nothing. In task manager there is a process which is called as acrord32.exe. What is file it looks like virus. How can I remove this virus. If I leave this as it then what are problem that I will face in future.

Re: Trojan.win32.vilsel.aift - Acrord32.exe

This is not suspicious file. The process acrord32.exe it fully means acrord32 Adobe Acrobat Reader and it is a process corresponding to the instance of software for viewing PDF files Acorbat Reader . This is an application process can be stopped if you want. But some virus file can have similar name and in disguise they can spoil your system hardware. You must scan in safemode.

A trojan virus is really dangerous. You must run a full system scans for hours under safe mode so that all the viruses must be deleted. However in order to infiltrate your machine the attacker must usually know the IP address of your system. Either you have an fixed IP address o dynamic a trojan virus can pop up that information on the internet. So do not take this lightly.

A Trojan is a a program whose origin is unknown and it tries to open a connection in your system. The firewall if running can block the connection or else your system will get more and more infected. It is essential not to allow the connection to programs you do not know, because it may very well be a Trojan. You can stop the suspicious program and then check that to which application is that file associated.

AcroRd32.exe is actually executable file for acrobat reader. It is associated to run pdf files. It does not look like virus. You might be having some other tool in your system which you have downloaded recently. Try to run system restore. But this is also very less effective. The other thing you can try is downloading a new antivirus program like Trojan remover and scanning your system under safe mode.

This is the executable Acrobat Reader, which can open and view PDF files. Other file associated to this is acrotray.exe and acrobat.exe. You can see the file working in the process list of Windows Task Manager if you are running acrobat reader. Just relax and run a full system scan and then check back again. You must use some internet security software for the same.

As you have probably caught a virus, then that can be a worm or IRC backdoor Trojans W32/Rbot-BLC. The first measure, times run Spybot Search & Destroy. Also delete the file AcroRd32.exe. Click on Start > Run > Regedit and then go to HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run. In that delete this two keys Adobe Reader32 and Acrord32.exe. Delete the same from HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ RunServices and HKLM \ Software \ Microsoft \ OLE.