Thread: VDL4 Rootkit Google Redirect virus

VDL4 Rootkit Google Redirect virus

I have been reading these forums by means of concentration in view of the fact that I contracted the TDL3 rootkit, and in conclusion figured out what's going on. An amazing virus actually. The exasperating, if not somewhat amusing thing, is to watch the most present thread in this discussion then hit "refresh" a small number of minutes later. It does not take much to observe that 90% of the current "help me" threads are the entire dealing by means of the TDL3 rootkit virus. My Google has been hijacked. Formerly there were a lot of posts similar to "I have comprise the AVE.EXE virus". Then someone from bleeping computer walked them from side to side getting rid of that part of it. Then for the reason that the "root" cause, (might not assist that one), is not dealt by means of, I immediately knew when they signed off that they would be back.

Re: VDL4 Rootkit Google Redirect virus

Certain sufficient, there are tons of threads here from people who consideration they got rid of it, merely to have comprise the "Google Redirect Virus" send them to a number of nasty place that immediately put it the entire back. I too, consideration I got rid of it, merely to have it come back. The entire the downloadable fixes are useless, and there are millions of people out there wasting their time by means of them. Had read countless pages, and wondered, "Why do not you people presently get a Mac and not bother by means of the entire these headaches. What's the matter by means of you the entire.

This is actually an astonishing virus, and I am astonished there is not no matter which regarding it on the news. Yet the method it gets in your apparatus is ingenious, (printing spool), and the way it hides itself is impressive to behold. I imagine the Pentagon be supposed to to get the guys who made this to come in excess of to our side. (It seems it comes from the Russian Federation.).

Maybe the most amazing part regarding this diminutive bugger is that it in point of fact goes online each a small number of minutes and updates itself. So as quick as fixes be able to be worked out, the scammers go online, observe what the recent fixes are, and position out a patch to defeat the fix. For illustration, there are three, and merely three, programs out there which are familiar with regarding the TDL3 virus and claim that they be able to fix it. The entire three presently fail. (Hitman Pro at present does squat- does not even detect it. Together TDL3 Razor and its twin, TDSS Killer locate it, promise to eliminate it on reboot- and then do not.) They have encompass been rendered useless, no doubt by the virus going online and updating itself.

No magic "remover" or "malware fixer" is going to obtain be concerned of this. What I would similar to you to do, is to hold my hand at the same time as we walk mutually through the joys of Combofix. (You be able to even admonish me when you become aware of my naughty utorrent penchant. (Feel free to cut-and-paste the customary "naughty, naughty". Yes, I be familiar with, I be acquainted with.) It seems to me merely Combofix, at the same time as in the hands of someone similar to you the entire, is going to do the trick here.

When we are the entire done, I would similar to clean up my confusion, run the SP3 from MS for this Win XP. (Additional than not previous to, for the reason that I be familiar with this bugger gives you the dreaded Blue Screen of Death if you bring up to date by means of the rootkit tranquil infecting.) I have previously updated my Java. Then you are able to give me the "shame, shame" the entire in excess of again on the P2P, and you are able to advise me on several additional tribulations you might observe. That would be swelling.

Give permission me start off by saying that I detestation rootkits too. If you give the impression of being at a number of malware elimination topics from, let's say 4 years ago, you determine to observe that additional civilized malware was dealt by means of the suitable weapons from an additional civilized time. These days even though, tools similar to HJT are immediately not sufficient. Previous to we start, do you be familiar with what these two files might be. uRun: [TdlRazor] c:\documents and settings\compaq_owner\desktop\tdl3 razor\tdlrazor.exe. R2 KillTheHooker;KillTheHooker;c:\documents and settings\compaq_owner\desktop\tdl3 razor\TizerBruteForceEx.sys [2010-3-18 22320].

Have been hunting this "so called virus" for a couple of years now, and guess what it's still there! Several sites say it's a rootkit virus - er - no! Am currently running Commodo, since Avast, AVG, Norton Ghost, Wot on line, Immunet protect, Hijack this, Iobit, Doctor Web, Malwarebytes, Spyware Doctor, Super anti Spyware remover, TDSSkiller.exe and several other sure bet fixes recommended whose names I can't recall cannot find it. I have edited the registry so that the only programmes that start at boot are minimal and virus prevention related. Nothing is pre scheduled to run. I have edited my host file, I have looked in system 32 file for Tdss.sys or anything remotely related to it (right click, examine properties, dump anything suspect). I have disbled every possible service that I do not need. Wot tells me that the sites I am regularly redirected to are (RED ALERT) dangerous, but does not give me the option to ban them from opening. I HATE PARTY POKER!!! You can close the redirect as soon as it starts, but leave it for long without attention and its guaranteed to get worse. I am no novice to virus hunting (know all about renaming files, editing then deleting them), but this one has got me beat!!

We will utilize GMER to scan for rootkits. Please download GMER to your desktop. Note that the file will be arbitrarily named to stop active malware from stopping the download. Shut all other open programs down as there is a small possibility your computer will crash. Twice click the GMER program ******.exe. Your security programs may perceive GMER's driver attempting to load. Allow it. You may see a caution saying "GMER has spotted Rootkit activity". If so, choose NO. Leaving the settings at default, click Scan. While the scan is finish, click Save and save the log on your desktop.