Thread: Strange browser redirect/potential malware/rootkit

Strange browser redirect/potential malware/rootkit

I am facing a strange browser redirect/potential malware/rootkit issue in the Windows 7 operating system, that I am using. The browser that is causing this situation is Mozilla Firefox. I have done an entire system scan with the help of the McAfee antivirus. But, it does not seem to be of any use. I am facing the problematic situation still. Any help on this problem is very much appreciated.

Re: Strange browser redirect/potential malware/rootkit

Inorder to know if the strange browser redirect/potential malware/rootkit issue is a browser-related issue, it is required that the browser that you are using currently has to be changed. I suggest you to try using any of the following for the trial:
    • Internet Explorer 8
    • Opera 10
    • Google Chrome

I hope that one of them will prove beneficial to you.

The strange browser redirect/potential malware/rootkit is no problem that is caused by the browser. There is surely some infection in your computer, that is leading to this issue. It suggested that you must format the system as soon as possible. Make sure to install a fresh copy of the operating system, rather than repairing the older system that you are currently using.

I dont think that McAfee is a recommended antivirus for the solution of the strange browser redirect/potential malware/rootkit. I suggest you to install AVG antivirus and check out if a full system scan helps you in this situation.

If this does not help, then you need to install an anti-spyware, that will monitor all the activities in your system. Spyware Doctor is the best example for an anti-spyware. I can assure you that all the threats that are causing the malicious activities will be removed with the help of this technique.

There is another option that can be used in the place of formatting, that is a system restore. When a system restore is done to the factory settings, all the installed applications and programs with the infections, if any will be removed from the compute. But, the operating system will remain as it is. So, the method is the same as formatting, but there is no need to install the entire operating system again.