Thread: Unknown Infections DDS and GMER

Unknown Infections DDS and GMER

Cannot remove the problems recur often cannot get into Google or Yahoo or known sites would obviously be hard to surf in their midst, like Fox News, CNN and other pages take forever to load or not load at all, while just frustrating old msn always re-directs to the page of another version msn, especially when I load a new web page or tab or when you disconnect from hotmail, my Java is inconsistent and does not load, and it advised that I have the latest version and how to solve the problem of unknown infections DDS and GMER.

Re: Unknown Infections DDS and GMER

I am also facing this similar problem and the thing is that, I cannot use iTunes to inserting songs onto iPod / iShuffle or office units etc, my Nero 9 does not work, flash player is not playing movies playing just audio no video, external hard drive that I had a Maxtor 750GB and now it is not working at all, it just beeps and turns but PC cannot find it, as it does not exist, said device requires a high-speed USB is not true that will work and has but a little slow, but now it is not working at all,I am just hoping that my warranty cover this problem.

You try to restore your system to the point where you was not having the problem. For restoring your system you have to log on the system as Administrator. After logging in; you have to click on Start and then to All programs, then to Accessories and then to System tools. After that you have to click on system restore. Then a screen will displayed in which you have to click on “Restore my computer to an earlier time” and then click on Next. Confirm the restoration and the reboot the computer system and then log in again.

I have not clearly understood the problem you are having; you are saying that you are suffering with the problem of GMER; but the thing is that it is not a virus but it is Antirootkit software. Whatever if you are suffering with the rootkit problem then download the GMER again. Right-click the new file > "Extract Here". A new file appears on the desktop. Drag the zip file to the trash to delete it. Close everything and click on "gmer.exe" to launch the program. Click on the tab Rootkit / Malware (normally, you should be automatically). Make sure the boxes are ticked to the right as shown in the picture (only the system drive is checked) and click on the Scan button. When the scan is complete, click on the button "Save”. Under "Filename" put "ark.txt" left click on Desktop and then "Save" at the bottom right.

I was also suffering with the problem of rootkit, but now I have got rid of the problem. I will suggest you to use RootKit Hook Analyzer. It is security tool that allows the user to check for the root kit present in the system or not. This tool will search for all the tools present on your system and also searches for kernel service, because most of the rootkit hides there.

I am sure that the software following the methods that are mentioned above you will be able to solve the problem but it will better if you follow some of the preventive measure to avoid threats like these.
    1. Do not download pirated software.
    2. Regularly update your system and the antivirus software you are using.
    3. Scan your system on the regular base so that smallest threat to your system can be avoided.
    4. Avoid downloading attachments from unknown email address.