Thread: Problem getting wireless on Toshiba Satellite L305-S5918 model.

Problem getting wireless on Toshiba Satellite L305-S5918 model.

I just ordered a wireless modem to connect to my Toshiba Satellite L305-S5918 at the same time as my computer desktop. I read and reread the instructions for my Toshiba laptop, I do not understand! in the brochure it was noted that it is ready for wireless connection, but the computer itself it is a label marked ready for wifi (card optional), it also speaks well of me LAN port Ethernet card? 1) What is it that this card option? 2) Someone would have it already installed this type of laptop? If so does it work with 24 Mg, if not what can I do? Thank you to those who can enlighten me on the topic related to problem getting wireless on Toshiba Satellite L305-S5918 model.

Re: Problem getting wireless on Toshiba Satellite L305-S5918 model.

Your laptop does not have integrated wireless card and PCMCIA card (optional card) is not supplied therefore you will have to buy one it will flip to the left side. The Ethernet card is in it you will find this connector in the back of your PC (Section 2-5 of the manual) call this LAN connection is also known as RJ45 connection. You can even have 30 Mg connects your mobile internet because it is done in your router that will use this connection speed. NET < 24 Mg > Router < 11 Mbps or 54 Mbps > Toshiba. The connection speed between your router and your laptop will depend on the PCMCIA card that you will use PCMCIA 802.11 b > 11 Mbit / s (theoretical speed) 2-5 Mbit / s real. PCMCIA 802.11 g > 54 Mbit / s (theoretical speed) 11 Mbps real.

I bought a computer Toshiba satellite A210-17Z and the WiFi works randomly (3hrs 15min), I well off the standby mode in Control Panel, change the BIOS drivers that Toshiba has put on the site thinking that and not to do anything it must reboot the computer so it can connect and return the livebox. Problem is if someone knows the answer and thank you for reply.

In fact on the Toshiba, there are several manip was done. As I mark the top, you must first update the wireless lan driver. Then you need to pitchoune of performing the experiment. And well it should uninstall ConfigFree program, a program developed by Toshiba, which is actually in conflict with the installation. So if you are not going into this program to install the connection, it must be uninstalled. In Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs, TOSHIBA ConfigFree. Do not worry take a little time, the green bar is not moving fast, especially demarage (I leave everything I almost!). Then restart the computer box, and click on finish.

Thank you for your help, for my part, I just uninstalled Free Setup (on a Toshiba Satellite A210), one day I updated the drivers for the card (Toshiba website, media, wireless LAN driver) and all operates again. A big thank you to Vista Operating System Great absolutely wonderful plants that never reliable performance. In short, I cannot understand how they dare to leave. A big thank you to you all for your great help for!

I actually managed to communicate with my PC TOSHIBA uninstall completely reconfiguring the BIOS and again with the CD system for restoration provided with PC, so no link is managed by windows. In regard to the Lexmark 4550, as I have two laptops, be careful because the two cannot be connected at the same time. Then the single largest problem to me is to scan and send the file on the PC network, but in PDF format.

Here is the solution for the problem that you are facing. solution under Vista: "Start" >"Control Panel" >"Device Manager" > "Network Map" >select the wireless card, right click, "Property" >"Power Management" uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save energy. Then: "Start" > "Control Panel" > click on Classic View > "Power Options" > ”Edit mode settings" that you chose "Change advanced power settings to" >"Parameters of cards " > "Ways to save energy" > Mains and battery put on "maximum performance" > "Apply" "Ok" "REGISTERED Changes" That’s all you need to do for solving the problem.