Thread: Internet Gamebox Toolbar

Internet Gamebox Toolbar

While i was downloading a movie at my home using Torrent while i was searching for the movie on different websites i ended up downloading the gamebox toolbar. Now i have a gamebox Tool bar with a search box on my browser. i think that it is an adware wince my browser finds out hundreds of pop-ups. Please tell me how can i get rid of this application is this a threat to my system.

Re: Internet Gamebox Toolbar

This does not appears as a virus kind of thing because it got installed when you were searching for a movie and hence it is advisible to get rid of this application by uninstalling it from your system you can do this using the add/remove program utility within the control panel. Simply go to the control panel and click the remove button adjacent to the Gamebox tool bar application.

Thanks for the Reply Milton.J but there is a problem because whenever i try to open up the control panel i cannot find out this application in the programs list within the control panel. I would like to know why the Gamebox Tool bar application which is installed on my system is not listed in the add/remove program list.

If the program is not present in the Add/Remove program list then it definitely is an adware kind of application. So can you tell me whether the application which you have installed is present in the programs files inside the C: directory. It would be listed there open the folder and then there look for the uninstaller double click the uninstaller and the problem would be resolved.

Restart your system in Safe Mode (startup may take several minutes) you can do this by holding the F8 button while the system boots then a black screen will appear select restart your system in safe mode by pressing the arrow keys from your keyboard and then press the Enter key. Try to uninstall the application in the safe mode this should help you out.

Perform the following steps which are mentioned below :
    1. Start your system in the safe mode this will help you to get to use all your resource.
    2. Uninstall the Mozilla Firefox browser.
    3. Then download the Mozilla Firefox browser once again on your system.
    4. Double click the setup file to install Mozilla Firefox this will help you to resolve the issue.

Use the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will remove all malware (Trojans, Backdoors, Spyware, etc. .. Rogue). It is easy to use and effective to all these kind of viruses. It is available freely over the internet and you can install and use it on your system to get this application removed. Hope this helps.

Use the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will remove all malware (Trojans, Backdoors, Spyware, etc. .. Rogue). It is easy to use and effective to all these kind of viruses. It is available freely over the internet and you can install and use it on your system to get this application removed. Hope this helps.

Hi,
    I just had the same problem. Should I start a new post or use this one?

Quote Originally Posted by NotCompSavvy View Post
    Hi,
    I just had the same problem. Should I start a new post or use this one?
    Well body, if you had exactly the same problem, than you can post your query here itself. Because if you make a new thread, it will get duplicated and moderators can delete your thread.