Thread: Fake svchost.exe trojan created in windows temp folder

Fake svchost.exe trojan created in windows temp folder

I have installed windows Xp on my system and there is some kind of virus on this system which is creating the svchost.exe file with the random name in Windows\temp folder. Have a look at the following.
    Windows\temp\xxx.tmp\svchost.exe
    Angrepp: Trojan downloader
    : W32\Renos.gen!C
    And another called trojan.generic.3314168, This is what i have got after scanning my system with F-secure. Now the problem is that F-Secure is not able to remove it out of my system.

Re: Fake svchost.exe trojan created in windows temp folder

This SVCHOST.EXE Trojan is very much famous on windows systems and i guess it must have made your anti virus software not working properly. Actually svchost.exe is a process registered as a backdoor vulnerability which may be installed for malicious purposes by an attacker allowing access to your computer from remote locations, stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal data. If unaccounted for, this process should be removed immediately.

I have provided the link from where you can download an Avast Anti Virus which is good software to secure your windows system. You should remove svchost.exe trojan from your system as soon as possible as this trojan has capability to give any crucial information about your system to an attackers. So it might happen that an attacker access your system without your information. Click on an AVAST to download it.

If your anti virus software is not able to remove the detected viruses from your system then you should try to do the same from the Safe Mode of windows. Actually safe mode secures your system while dealing with the viruses and it does not let virus to spread up. Restart your system and then press F8 key for several time which takes you to the Windows Booting Options. Here you can choose for booting your computer in Safe Mode. You may select safe mode with Networking if you want to access any network.

I think the firewall on your system is not enabled due to which your system have got trojans on your system. You should keep your operating system's firewall always enabled which actually checks for each and every bits of data which tries to enter in to your system so even a malicious bit cannot harm your system. You can also use any third party firewall which are also good but will be doing the same thing which your OS's firewall do.

Once you have got an infected file on your system and you know the destination of an infected file then you just need to delete that particular file and then make sure that you end the process related to the same from the task manager. If you have any knowledge of windows registry then you may change the values back to the default which has been changed by the malicious process. All this work has been done by any anti virus software but if any software does not works then you may do it a way as mentioned above.