Thread: Google search redirects, regedit and cmd won't run, AVG will not update

Google search redirects, regedit and cmd won't run, AVG will not update

Given below are a list of problem that I am facing:
    1. Google search redirects
    2. regedit and cmd won't run
    3. AVG will not update

I have run a complete system scan with the help of AVG antivirus, but have not been able to find any infections. So, internet threats are not a cause for the above mentioned problems. I am using the 8.5 version of AVG and have not updated the same for the last couple of months.

So, when I trying to update it, I get the message saying access to server forbidden. I am not able to understand why this is happening. I am using Windows Vista operating system.

Re: Google search redirects, regedit and cmd won't run, AVG will not update

The situation regarding the "Google search redirects" has already been resolved on our forums. Have a look at the following thread for the solution of the same:
    Google search result redirects me why?
    I hope that the thread that is provided above proves to be of some help to you. I am not aware of what has to be done for the other 2 problems that you are facing. So, cannot suggest anything for the same.

The problem that the regedit and cmd won't run may be a cause of an internal error or because the system is affected by an infection and it has blocked these 2 services. Uninstall AVG antivirus and install Quick Heal, the fully updated version. It has an option for boot scanning. If any infections are there in your system, then they will be removed with the help of this boot scan method.

Inorder to fix the problem that AVG will not update, you need to remove this antivirus completely. Download the latest version of the same and after that try updating the database for adding the signatures of the newly released infections.

I am sure that there will be no issues this time. Also, if you face any problems let me know. After that, run a complete scan of the system and remove all the unhealed infections from the antivirus interface.

Thanks for providing such quick response on the problems that I was facing. I would like to share how the situation was resolved. I have mentioned about the same below:
    Google search redirects:
    Changing to a new browser, that is Opera 10 did the trick
    regedit and cmd won't run:
    A full system scan with the newly installed AVG antivirus removed the threats and I was able to use these services again.
    AVG will not update:
    Switched to the latest version of AVG, that is 9.0. Downloaded a completely new setup.