Thread: Infected with Dr. Guard

Infected with Dr. Guard

I am using the Windows Vista operating system that is running Escan antivirus. Well, my system is infected with Dr. Guard. This antivirus alerted me about the threat. But, the weird situation that I am facing is that the antivirus is not allowing me to get rid of the threat. I am not able to understand why. When I try to delete the infection, nothing happens. I keep getting the alerts now too. Please help me with all possible solutions to get resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Re: Infected with Dr. Guard

I suggest you to have a look at the following thread because it may be of some use to you if you are infected with Dr. Guard:
    Information on Dr. Guard
    It contains the information regarding how this threat spreads in the system as well as the techniques that can be used to remove the same from the system permanently. I hope that the above thread will prove to be of some help to you.

The Escan antivirus that you are using in your system may not be having the ability to prevent the infections like Dr. Guard. Anyways, there is no need to worry. Simply uninstall this antivirus and install AVG antivirus as soon as possible. This antivirus has been recommended for the removal of trojans, worms and other virus. I suppose Dr. Guard is a trojan. Make sure that the database of the antivirus is up-to-date, so that the signatures of all the new infections will be added in its database.

If your computer is infected with Dr. Guard, then it is required that you must have an application that can monitor the activities that are going on in your system. For this purpose, you will have to install an anti-spyware, that keeps an eye on all the processes of the system. Thus, if any malicious activities are detected in the system, then the applications and programs causing the same will be removed from the system permanently.

According to me, the safe mode scanning is the best technique to get rid of any infection from the system. You can use the same if your system is infected with Dr. Guard. When the system is started in this particular mode, all the infections remain inactive. So, this is the best time to clean them up from the system. Run a full system scan in this mode and eradicate all the infections that are detected during this scan from the antivirus interface.

If your system is still infected with Dr. Guard and if you are not able to delete the same with the help of any of the solutions mentioned above, then there is nothing that can be done. This is because this particular infection cannot be removed manually. So, the only option left in such a situation is to format the computer and then, install a new copy of the operating system that you want to use.