Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-07-2010

Adware.Flash Tracking Cookie, Macromedia Flash requires reboot to eliminate

I know nothing about computers and I wondered what I meant tracking cookies. Is it serious. I am protected by AVG 8.0 on windows vista. I found some Adware.Flash tracking cookies when I scanned with a trail version of antivirus. I then purchased AVG for my system but it does not find any of it. Does this is serious or I can ignore the same and follow my work on.
Old 17-07-2010

Re: Adware.Flash Tracking Cookie, Macromedia Flash requires reboot to eliminate

What happens here if you set Firefox to block all cookies then you got those messages. But anyhow the tracking cookie comes back anyway. If it is not impossible that this process is not very nice and it is good for your system. First of you can clean your history files while browsing. Run CCleaner after each surfing and then next time when you open your browser you will not find such issue.
Old 17-07-2010

There is a easy solution for that. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It is a nice tool and you can get a free version of the same. Download the same an then run it. Run a full system scan and at the end click Show Results to display all objects found. It will show you the list of infections. You can remove them out from there and don't forget to reboot your system.
Old 17-07-2010

There is a fix for that. This fix is just not for adware but for most of the malware and spyware. Download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) and then save the same on your desktop. Run the setup and click on continue. After that look for the latest version of HijackThis and see the log files which can show you the location of the file installed in your system. Notedown and delete them out.
Old 18-07-2010

Since about two days Firefox is opening up exactly two pages. The situation is such that when I type in the page in the address bar and appears in the current tab by Enter to confirm the page. But the web-page does not open and there is pop up block on the address bar. The progress bar below the right remains at 0% and does not fill itself. I scanned my system with Spybot Search and Destroy. It deleted some 25 tracking cookies.
Old 21-07-2010

You can solve the problem with following solutions. First disable all add-ons and plug-ins. Then start Firefox in Safe Mode and then uninstall Firefox including the personalized files. If you are usig any antivirus then just disable it for some moment. You can delete Windows DNS resolver cache by ipconfig-flushdns. Cleaer your entire browsing history and then reboot your system
Old 21-07-2010

In that case I had re-installed my web browser back again and it is working fine now. All these steps were unsuccessful. With Firefox the two pages are displayed without problems as before. I re-installed my browser and run all the updates. Now the adware.flash is not popping up. Adware inspect the sites visited by their users to display targeted advertisements in the form of windows pop-ups or banners. Use a good internet security.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , , ,