Thread: How do i remove Zone Alarm nag screen

How do i remove Zone Alarm nag screen

I had installed Zone Alarm last week for removing some virus from my system. There were some Trojans which came via pen drive. Now what happen here that whenever I boot my system the anvitirus screen popup. I had selected lots of settings, changed everything but nothing works. I want to remove this software completely now as I am going to upgrade to Windows 7.

Re: How do i remove Zone Alarm nag screen

It is Indeed possible that via the Add / Remove Programs Windows does not uninstall the antivirus program completely. So if it comes to the idea of installing a firewall replacement, there may be some bugs in that which makes stuff impossible to install. For that first Go to Start> All Programs> ZoneLabs Zone Alarm, and select Uninstall. Follow the procedure and then reboot. Then delete the folders from C: WINDOWS \ Start Menu \ Programs \ Zone Labs.

Yes I had too got the same issue due to which I am had searched on lots of site for the files to remove this completely. In the system folders for Windows delete the following files vsdata.dll, Vsdata95.vxd, vsdatant.sys, vsmonapi.dll, vspubapi.dll, vsutil.dll, zllictbl.dat, zlparser.dll and ZoneLabs. Then go in Internet Logs folder in C Windows and search for IAMDB.RDB and W98-DHIGHT.ldb. After deleting these files, it should also clean the registry with a tool such as RegCleaner.

I had cleaned the registry with RegCleaner and I looked up and removed the keys where there was ZoneLabs. I also deleted the folder in system32 zone labs. But now internet stopped working on my computer. Anyhow the best I found is formatting my computer and re-install all things back again. Now this is working fine and I am using Norton Internet Security now. It is a bit slower but quiet effective.

There was a similar issue in my case. After removing Zone Alarm my internet stopped working. Then to fix that back I had run System restore settings and now the internet is working. It does not appear in add / remove because I have already uninstalled. But in start menu all programs there is a folder of Zone Labs and it has a option of uninstall Zone Labs security. When I click on that nothing happens.

For manually removing this you will need to delete a number of files manually. First press ctrl-alt-delete and in task manager go in Process tab. In that terminate zlclient.exe and vsmon.exe. It is important because this two files are associated with Zone alarm. Then disable vsmon from service.msc and then delete C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ ZoneLabs \ vsmon.exe file. Go to add remove program and then uninstall it. The same will go completely.

First close ZoneAlarm and right-click on its icon in the taskbar and click Close ZoneAlarm. Then run the uninstallation of this antivirus from Control Panel > Add Remove program. Do not touch anything and let the computer do and after a few seconds, the uninstaller will confirm the same. Reboot your system and then search for this files and delete them. The files are vsconfig.xml, vsdata.dll, vsdata95.vxd, vsdatant.sys, vsmon , vsmonapi.dll, vsnetutils.dll. vspubapi.dll, zaplus, zapro, zllictbl.dat, zlparser.dll, etc.