Thread: Admin Kit Kaspersky issues

Admin Kit Kaspersky issues

I have a question about the " Kaspersky Administration Kit. If I understand correctly , It settled on the post that acts as a server , but should it have to be absolutely on an OS such as Windows Server 2003 or XP Pro sufficient ?
    Then, I think we should install Kaspersky Workstation on the client machines ? (Possibly NetAgent ) . And finally my last question: Kaspersky Administration Kit does protect the machine that acts as a server ? ( I mean, is it contains the analysis modules of a Workstation or a Kaspersky Internet Security ?) or should I install it over something else?

Re: Admin Kit Kaspersky issues

Installing Kaspersky Administration Kit can s'effectuée on a machine running Windows XP . MSDE is indispensable to the installation KAK . Kaspersky Administration Kit does not protect the machine where you install , the installation of kaspersky antivirus is essential to protect your PC. Note: if you install Kaspersky Administration Kit has a machine that runs XP , do not forget that this PC must remain turned h24 .

Due to restrictions of access network, the installation of the Administration Officer in the working group can be performed via the following methods :
    * Local launch of the Setup Agent Administration: During the execution of this facility, it will answer questions from the Setup Wizard (specify the address of the server administration).
    * Local installation " silent ": For this type of installation, it should create the installation package of the Agent on the Administration Server , to transfer to the local computer and run the file lsexec.exe with a specific parameter.

For this type of installation, it should create the installation package of the Agent on the Management Server , since the local computer log on to the network resource, and launch the file lsexec.exe with special parameters .
    # Using the remote installation task forced : This mode is not suitable for installation on computers running Windows XP Home / Vista Home.
    This mode can be used after disabled the use of shared folders or after modified the model of sharing and security for local accounts to become Classic: local users authenticate as themselves.

You need to copy the installation package of the Administration Officer ( File C: \ Program Files \ Kaspersky Lab \ Kaspersky Administration Kit \ Share \ Packages \ NetAgent 8.0 . XXXX) From the Administration Server on the client computer and run setup.exe manually. During the operation of the installation wizard , specify all the necessary parameters.

You need to change the model of sharing and security for local accounts to spend guests : local users authenticate as guests (Guest only - local users authenticate as Guest ) to Classic: local users authenticate as themselves ( Classic - local users authenticate as Themselves ). The record C : \ Program Files \ Kaspersky Lab \ Kaspersky Administration Kit \ Share \ Packages \ NetAgent 8.0.XXXX can be copied on any other network resource , but it will specify the path to get there.