Thread: Foistware how to avoid it

Foistware how to avoid it

I got a popup for virus infection and I accepted the request. It scanned my system and showed some tons of viruses. But first of all I was already having AVG security on the system. After running the scan it installed a Foisty ware antivirus software. It has made my pc extremely slow. I found that this is spyware. How to remove this out. I does not want to format my computer back again.

Re: Foistware how to avoid it

Download HijackThis and then run the scan. Double-click on HJTInstall.exe and then begin the installation. Once done Hijackthis will generate a log file which will show you the list of process running on your system. You can run system restore and then check it back again. The other thing you can do is boot in safe mode and then run a full system antivirus scan.

I have Windows Defender is installed in my system and it is the alone protection that I have. Sometimes I don not run scan and update the same. I had installed WinPC Defender in my pc which later I found that it is a clone of XP Antivirus Police and antispyware program. It is a fake antivirus and I need help to uninstall the same. I had formatted my computer entirely to remove this thing out.

The best solution for this can be Malwarebytes. Try Malwarebyte anti malware and then run a full system scan. Before that close all your applications and then only run the system. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del and in taskmanager go to process. In that click on explorere.exe and then click end process. Now same in taskmanager click on new > run and then type explorer.exe. Now run the scan.

No anti-spyware can claim that it can be 100% effectiveness. So you must find the right tool depending on the infection and it is very difficult. Always keep any internet security suite in your system like Norton antivirus. Update the same first and then scan your system. It will detect and remove the same. The best for that is Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4. Download and install it.

Spybot Search and Destroy is the best one for the spyware stuff. The best is yet to configure Spybot to run automated scan. Click on Expert mode in the taskbar and then check back again. You will get a preventive message accept the same and give choice of advance mode. In the left margin, click Settings under Settings click on web update. Run the scan in safe mode which will be much better.

Spyware are installed most often without your knowledge, spyware can also operate invisibly. It is therefore important to examine his computer, even if everything seems normal. Spyware is often bundled with freeware or shareware downloaded from the Internet. Of course, most of these cookies come in without asking your opinion. So a internet security is the best option to avoid the same.