Thread: Advice sought > Connecting 2 USB HDD to home network

Advice sought > Connecting 2 USB HDD to home network

I need some help for sharing my two usb hard drive on network. I had a two usb hard drive connection on my pc. Both have connected and working fine. I am lan network and now looking for sharing this drive. There are some users who want to add some data in that. But the issue is in some place the usb drive is not visible. I had never moved then away from the computer, means I avoid frequent connection and disconnection.

Re: Advice sought > Connecting 2 USB HDD to home network

I am also trying the same to do on my Windows network. I have 4 computers in my network and I had purchased 2 500 GB usb drive. I am trying to use the ethernet connection via a router and a USB port for connecting a master external drive. After doing that I want to access the hard drive for 2 computers with one USB and one via wireless. But I am not getting results here.

I had just purchased a media player box with 3 USB hard drive support. For the output of to transfer data between my PC and the network I would like to connect this output to my usb network and then switch to transfer my data on my media player without having to move it to my PC. I thought putting an Ethernet adapter or the USB switch between my drive and the media player. It works here.

You can do that by sharing the drives on the network. When you plug your hard drive on one of the computers which are connected to the router then at that time you can simply activate the sharing of devices. Just by right clicking you can activate the sharing of the drives and then use them as your another source for sharing data. But if that is not found then you might need to search for better alternative.

In fact the routers managing an external hard drive rare works for most of the USB port which are connected to an ADSL modem or directly connected to the computer. I am here using a Netgear WiFi router. The model of the same is WGT634U. I had connected a External Hard Drive to my usb. Then I shared them on the network and most of the users has found them. You can simply map the drive but do not disconnect the same.

I am working on Windows XP Pro SP3. I had already tried to share a USB hard drive (FAT32) with the other PC but the connection does not stays live on the network. I do not have permissions for checking the security of the drive, that can be cause of blocking device. On the other hand my other partitions (NTFS) is looking live on the network. There is some tools for the same. Next time I am going to format my drives to NTFS and then check back.

This looks a bit too complicated.I think that converting your NTFS disk format can facilitate the sharing of the drive on the network. If the usb drive is not sharing on the network then you might need to check your settings. Basically when you right click on a partition in the network and choose map network drive then you get a direct separate partition in My Computer.