Thread: What is usntr.log and can i delete it?

What is usntr.log and can i delete it?

I am having one small query that i think can be solved here. I am using Avast 5 in the computer of mine. But let me tell you when i checked in the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Alwil Software\Avast5\log" path i am getting a file which is named as " usntr.log " and it is of 250 MB. I just wanted to know is it some important file or should i delete this to save some memory in computer. A help may be appreciated.

Re: What is usntr.log and can i delete it?

The file which you are talking about is just a persistence cache log which does not having more importance in the system. You can delete this file as it is of no use. But if possible then take the back of this file in some other drive in case of future use you might require this file. So delete the file and save the space in your memory.

Hey thanks for your response which you have shown regarding this topic. As per your suggestion i have backed up the file and when i am trying to delete the file it is not deleting and showing the message Cannot Delete the file it is used by some other application. So please help me again to resolve this issue.

If you are unable to delete it and getting Can not delete message then it is possible the it is being used by Avast. So to delete the file it is better to stope the Avast or disable the Avast and then try to delete the same which will allow you to delete the file if it used by the Avast. So try this out and it will definitely work.

Its is little strange that your file is of this much size as mine is not more then 1 MB. I have seen most of the peoples log file but they are not more then 5 MB if you are having this bigger file then i need to know about this. Are you running with the lots of .exe files in the system? If yes then let me know which file you are running with.

If all the above replies are not working for you and you are still having the same problem then let me tell you that you should have to take the help of the Avast Forum. All you have to do is to ask the query of yours on the Avast Forum and the expert of the Avast will advise you the best you can do with the system of yours.