Thread: Msn Messenger "foto" Virus

Msn Messenger "foto" Virus

Yesterday i was chatting on the MSN and got one link which is showing some picture i have clicked on the link and nothing happen. When after that when i login to the MSN i got freeze of the MSN and it started sending the same link to list of mine. I have checked regarding this virus and come to know it is having name "foto". So please help me with the solution of it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Msn Messenger "foto" Virus

This is a virus which is affecting the MSN messenger and as well as send the mail to the all the contacts. This virus corrupt registry entry of the Windows. If you scan the computer of yours then you might get the "C:\DOCUME~1\mae\LOCALS~1\Temp\foto.zip" where the virus is residing. So it is better to remove this virus immediately.

If you wanted to remove this virus then i can suggest you to use the online scanning service provided by the ESET Online Scanner which scans your computer online and keep then computer of yours clean which can be enough to get rid of this issue. So if you like it the go to the site of ESET Online Scanner and run a system scan.

I have got a post which is having the same discussion about the Foto virus that is causing the system hang up and crash. You can go through the link and see whether the solution you got is working for you or not. I hope this will help you with the same. Here is the link.
    Remove foto virus

There is a MSNVirus Removal Tool is available on the net which is having the functionality to remove the virus from the computer that is creating problem with the device of yours. It will also remove the Foto virus from the system and also clear the registry corrupted by the same. So try this out and see whether it is working or not.

If you are having nothing working for you then i can advise you to go with the MSN Virus Cleaner 3.140 which is a program that removes the virus and worms from the MSN messenger. You can use this to remove the virus from the Yahoo also. So if you can trust on him then download the same and run for your query.

The MSN Virus removal tools is a nice tools that really work with the system to free from the virus "Foto". I have also got infected with that but let me tell you that the Virus can not be easily removed from normal mode you have to start the computer in safe mode and run the tools to remove the virus. So try this and see whether it is working or not.