Thread: Sounds problems after update to Avast 5.05.507

Sounds problems after update to Avast 5.05.507

I have installed Windows XP sp3 on my system and i have an Audigy 2 + Realtek on-board codec. I am using an Avast Antivirus on this system and i the sound problem has been started since i have updated it to version 5.05.507. Now there are no system sounds such as startup, close program, shutdown etc. Only on board beeping works.

Re: Sounds problems after update to Avast 5.05.507

I have seen the same problem on my vista system when i updated my Avast anti virus software. I do not know that where i have gone wrong while updating it but i think my system has no sound after updating this software. So i think i should try uninstalling this software first that does it makes my system's sound coming back or not.

Before uninstalling an Avast from your system i suggest you to check about your system's sound after just disabling an Avast Anti virus. It might happen that after disabling the avast, Your system becomes normal. And if there is no changes in the sound even after disabling it then you may go further uninstalling the software.

1. If you have updated your avast with the version 5.0.594 then check that have you made any changes in default settings other than the Mail Shield.
    2. Is there any other security software on your system which might be affecting the default sound of your system.
    3. Check that your Windows Security patches are up to date or not.

I think there is a problem with an avast update due to which all this problems are persisting. I suggest you to wait for some time so that avast repairs all the mistakes that has been left in the avast update. I think you should directly install the latest version of an Avast instead of updating your older avast version as there would be a problem with an updating file.

This kind of problem are just normal as it is not a strange thing to get affected by an updates of any software. Except windows updates, I have seen this in every kind of updates that system settings gets changed and some features of your system does not works. I think you should reinstall the same software and then check that your system settings gets changed or not.