Thread: Avast blocks my audio mixer

Avast blocks my audio mixer

I am using the Avast free version of the Antivirus which is running with the latest update. But it is having one issue. When i am running the Audio Mixer then it is stopped by the Avast. And when i pause the player then it again starts loading. I am using E-MU 0404 PCI and the mixer is PatchMixDsp. So if any one can then please let me know about solution of this. Thank you.

Re: Avast blocks my audio mixer

Avast does not block any program until and unless it won't detect the infection causing by the program. I think that your program is might be having the some corrupt process running which is detected by the Avast and that is why Avast started blocking the program. So if you can then check for he programs reliability.

Are you using any other security software on your system? This is seems to have the conflict issue of the another security software which might be causing the issue with the Avast so the Avast blocks the EMU audio mixer function. If you are using any security software then it is better to uninstall the same from the system.

Yes that is true that i am using any other security program but i have disabled that already so i think it will not affect the Audio Mixer program. I have installed the Spyware Doctor program in my computer. And i have disabled it as i am not using it right now. I don't think so it is stopping the program. Please suggest me something to work with it.

As you are not running any other services with the device of yours then i think it is not the problem with the conflict of program. It is something related to the Behavior Shield functionality which is not allowing the program to load or anything. Check that Behavior Shield is working properly or not. It might be stopping the problem.

I am having the exactly same problem which is not allowing my program of the computer to load up. This is because of the functionality of the Behavior Shield which is not working properly. So i have disabled the same and after that my issue got resolved. If you wish then you can also go through the same and get rid of it.

I think this is the issue with the loading of the program. Actually it is not blocking the program but might be analyzing the program which takes some to load the program. So if you can then just go through the below given step that will help you to solve the problem.
    1. Open Avast! user interface
    2. select settings/Troubleshooting
    3. Select Load Avast! services only after loading other system services

Thats it!!!!