Thread: How to delete Ransom-O from your computer?

How to delete Ransom-O from your computer?

I think my system is infected with Ransom-O. I came to know about this when my AVG antivirus gave me an alert message about this. I have no idea about this Ransom-O. Actually my system is not affected means that processing of my system is as usual. If this Ransom-O is not affecting my system then why AVG antivirus is giving me a message about this. Can anybody help me with this Generic Ransom-O.

Re: Ransom-O an trojan.

Ransom-O is a type of Trojan. If Ransom-O is executed then it will tries to block the internet access for the user in his or her system and gives the message to the user to pay to have the internet access unblocked. Ransom-O displays a warning message that user have to send an SMS code to an unknown number.

Re: Ransom-O is a trojan.

Ransom-O Trojan does not self replicate itself like viruses and worms, but it target to the intended user. Ransom-O Trojan spread manually often under the premise that who has designed the program must get its profit. This can be spread through internet relay chat (IRC), peer to peer network, news groups, emails and stamp etc.

Re: Ransom-O blocks the internet.

Once the Ransom-O Trojan is executed then it tries to block the internet and after that it drops the executable file on system named as “ufast-manager.exe” this file has the size of 233.472 bytes and propertyufastmanager.exe which is having the file size of 96.256 bytes. This Trojan also make the following changes in the registry. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories "Order" and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Communications "Order"

Re: Removing method for Ransom-O Trojan.

For removing Ransom-O Trojan from your computer first remove the following process from tastk manager. %Drive%\Program Files\uFast Download Manager\uninstall.exe, %Drive%\Program Files\uFast Download Manager\ufastmanager.exe, %Drive%\Program Files\uFast Download Manager\uninstall.exe , and also remove the following registry entry. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories "Order"
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Communications "Order" After that search delete these file from your system %Drive%\Program Files\uFast Download Manager\uninstall.exe, %Drive%\Program Files\uFast Download Manager\ufastmanager.exe.
    This will surely remove the virus from your system.

Re: How to prevent Ransom-O from your computer?

System restore is a better option for removing this Ransom-O Trojan from your personal computer. For restoring your system right click on Mycomputer icon and open its properties > click on system restore tab and check on the checkbox with the name “Turn off system restore”. This process will restore your system but you must also follow the preventive measures like update your antivirus software and scan your system regularly. Enable the firewall setting and choose strong password for your system.

Re: How to delete Ransom-O from your computer?

i just got rid of mine went to malware bytes on google malware antimalware free install let it scan then abort scan it will stop all the messages go to microsoft security essentials down load for free update uninstal the first one then scan pc . should be fine you have to trick the sucker.
    sorry about the spellin