Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

AVAST! 5 IS Firewall causes high CPU usage

Networking & Security

Old 15-07-2010

AVAST! 5 IS Firewall causes high CPU usage

I have recently installed an Avast 5 trail antivirus application on my computer. But after installing an Avast Firewall on my computer my processor shows the 80-90% of usage in task manager. But actually I donít know why this problem is occurring and however my last installed application was the Avast Firewall. Please help me to solve my problem.

Old 15-07-2010

Re: AVAST! 5 IS Firewall causes high CPU usage

This problem may also be occurring due to some of the unwanted process are running in the system memory. Thatís why you have to go to the Task Manager and see the process which are not in use. Select that process and then click on the end process which helps to terminate selected processes. And then your will work properly.
Old 15-07-2010

Trend Micro HijackThis is a free utility that generates an in depth report of registry and file settings from your computer. HijackThis makes no separation between safe and unsafe settings in its scan results giving you the ability to selectively remove items from your machine. In addition to this scan and remove capability HijackThis comes with several tools useful in manually removing malware from a computer.
Old 15-07-2010

The solution of your problem:
  • Reboot without the network for not svchost 100% CPU
  • Identify the path in wwwzuc32.exe launches at startup (with CCleaner for example) and record in a corner.
  • Restart the PC with a CD Ubuntu (linux), and explore the Windows disk to delete the file (which for once there is visible!)
  • Reboot Windows, and then no worries.
Old 17-07-2010

Ashserv is the main process so yes even disabling it, I think it is started. Or should see your hardware and especially what you do, because avast is not super heavy but not the lightest, if you have a PC a little old and you checking the CPU usage when Avast should work, 60% is not so surprising. The most common activity that we do not think it's the browser: with its Web service, it scans web pages to be opened at once, even if we do not feel much, Avast hump.
Old 18-07-2010

Yes see your configuration and especially the fact that it happens to interfere with the games, it's abnormal.
Try first to uninstall / reinstall Avast. If the problem persists, do a hijack report that verifies if there not something more worrisome behind.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,