Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Opera 10.60 with AVG linkscanner

Networking & Security

Old 15-07-2010

Opera 10.60 with AVG linkscanner

I have installed an Opera 10.60 on my computer machine and i have heard that i cannot use an Avast 5 with its link scanner. So i want to ask you guys that is it possible to use avast link scanner with my opera 10.60 or is there any other link scanner which i can use with this browser. Can i use an AVG link scanner with my Opera 10.60?

Old 15-07-2010

Re: Opera 10.60 with AVG linkscanner

I just do not understand that why people uses Link scanner with their web browser. Actually it slows down your browser very much. Instead of using Link scanner, Web Shield is better to detect anything malicious on website. Still i think it would be possible to use avast link scanner with your opera browser.
Old 15-07-2010

Actually the problem is with the browser on which you are trying to use linkscanner. It would be better if you use some other browser to surf through an internet then you can use several link scanner with it but an opera is not compatible with the avast link scanner. AVG linkscanner is compatible with opera but still with some version of an Opera.
Old 15-07-2010

I think using the Shield of an AVAST anti virus would be good as there would be no need to use any other features for securing your computer system from an viruses which spreads via internet. And link scanner even slow downs your browser's performance so it would be making your surfing more annoying. I have given you the internet security which saves your computer from the viruses while surfing. Click to download Internet Security Filter.
Old 27-06-2011

AVG is already built into Opera.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,