Thread: Exit button [X] on application window not working

Exit button [X] on application window not working

A weird problem has struck my computer that is running the Windows XP operating system. The problem is that the Exit button [X] on application window not working. The situation is the same for each and every program running in the system.

I also keep getting pop-ups, when I am connected to the internet. I am not able to understand why this is happening. Please help me with all possible solutions that can be used to get rid of this problem.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: Exit button [X] on application window not working

I am facing a similar problem as yours that the Exit button [X] on application window not working. I am having other issues in my system along with it. I am also not able to minimize as well as maximize any of the windows in my system. I have also tried resizing the windows, but no use. The problem is still the same. I am running McAfee antivirus in my system and it has not detected any infection in my system on a compete scan.

It seems that both you guys have infections in your computer that is resulting in the unusual situation that Exit button [X] on application window is not working. Your antivirus is not detecting the threats because the particular infection may not be available in the database of the antivirus. In this case, you need to update the database, so that the signatures of all the new infections will be added in it. After that, run a complete scan and let me know if any threats are detected or not.

There is no need to worry if the Exit button [X] on application window not working. All the symptoms that you people have posted above clears out the doubt that there are infections in your computer. A boot scan will help you in such a situation. This scan takes place when all the infections are inactive, that is before the operating system loads. Install Quick Heal antivirus for the boot scanning technique.

According to me, an anti-malware has to be installed in your system to solve the situation that the Exit button [X] on application window not working. The Spyware Doctor is the best anti-malware available in the market, according to me. When it is installed in your system, your system will be monitored and all the malicious activities that are going on will be detected and thus, removed.

I already had the setup of Avast antivirus and I know that it has the feature of boot scanning. So, on running the particular scan, the scan was going on before the operating system was started. I saw that there were many weird files in the C drive, that is the drive of the system. I came across these names on the screen where it showed me the progress of the scan. Well, the infections are removed now and thus, the situation about the Exit button [X] on application window not working has been resolved.