Thread: Avast for Mac and Avast for windows

Avast for Mac and Avast for windows

I am running the system with the Mac OS and wanted to install the Avast Anti Virus protection to get my self protected with the any virus attack. But wanted to know that Does it work with the Virtual Drive also which is running with the Windows XP? Or i have to install any other antivirus for the same. A suggestion may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Avast for Mac and Avast for windows

As per my knowledge when installed the Avast or any other anti virus on the Mac system then that will be detect all the file on the system but it will not detect the Virtual Drive file as FileSystem. Just consider the file as the Plain file and will scan according to that only. So it is of no use it will not detect the same with the Virtual XP.

I agree with the above reply as it is true that the file will not detect the Virtual program of the system so if you need to run the antivirus protection with the Virtual Drive also then it is better to install the Avast on the Virtual XP also which will keep the system safe from any malware or virus attack. So install the same with the Virtual Drive.

Hey thanks for the help that you have given me regarding the problem i am getting i.e. Avast for Mac and Avast for windows. But i am having more issue which i need to solve. I wanted to know which is best anti virus for Mac? I don't wanted to install the Avast. So please let me know about Anti Virus for Mac.

I am using the Norton Anti Virus for my Mac OS which is running with all the Application properly that i am using. This antivirus is faster then any other anti virus program that i have used before. I am happy with the Norton so i am advising you also to use the Norton with the system of yours. Hope you will like it.

There are lots of the Antivirus available to run on the mac operating system. You can choose any of your choice. I have got one post which will let you know the best Antivirus for the Mac OS. Just go through the below given link and you will get it working.
    Recommended Antivirus for Mac

Hey thanks to all for helping me out with the issue of mine. I have gone through all the same and let me tell you i am satisfied with the replies given by you. Now i can work with the issue of mine and install the Antivirus on Mac OS.Anyways if anything more require i will update this post regarding the same.