Thread: Uninstall Avast! without a license.

Uninstall Avast! without a license.

I am having one issue regarding which i need your help. I am running the Mac OS with the Avast! and wanted to uninstall the Avast. But as i have got that i have to go with the Preferences menu and then remove the same from there. My problem is that my license is expired and now i can not get the Preferences menu. So how to remove the Avast? A help may be appreciated.

Re: Uninstall Avast! without a license.

In that case you have to delete it forcefully. For that you have to get into the /Application and delete the Avast from there. If it starts then press apple-alt-esc which will forcefully close the dialog after that you can easily delete the Avast from the Mac System. So try the same and get rid of the issue which you are going through.

You can also remove the program with the help of the Command. Use the "rm -rf" which will remove the Avast application from the system that you are running with the same. It will take some time to delete the file from system depending on the RAM size that you are using. I have got this method only to uninstall. Hope you will like it.

There are lots of third party tools available which can help you for unstallation of the program from the computer running with the Mac OS. If you Google for the tools on Mac to uninstall the program the you will get lots of the tools for the uninstallation of program. I can not provide you the direct link as it is not recommended.

I am having a application which is having the functionality to remove the program from the Apple System. The program is known as the AppCleaner which is developed to work with the program uninstallation in the Mac OS. So if you wanted to get rid of any unwanted program then install the AppCleaner and work with it.

Uninstallation of the program in Mac OS is very easy all you have to do is to remove the complete package by throwing it from the Application folder to the Trash and the program will be deleted from the system. I have never found any process other then this. So if you can then please uninstall it and let me know whether it is working or not

There are a useful post is there on the Forum itself which is having the discussion about the uninstallation of the program in the Mac operating system. So just go through the post and see whether it helps you with the uninstallation of program or not.
    How to Install and uninstall software in Mac OS X